Female parts out of whack!

Deb331
on 7/31/12 4:56 am - GA
RNY on 05/14/12
Two years ago I had surgery to remove excess lining on my uterus wall - Dr. suggested this was caused because of my weight. Last year I had fibroids removed from my uterus. The fibroids were causing me to have blood clots the size of my bodily organs which were extremely painful to pass - again Dr. was fairly confident this was caused by my weight. After several months with adjustments to my hormones, the Dr. finally got everything working normally.

Now I go and have WLS and my hormones are all askew again. My periods are irregular, painful, and causing me to feel the emotional side effects I felt last year with the fibroids and giant sized blood clots. The sad part is those issues were a major factor in me deciding to have this surgery! Argh.

Don't get me wrong. I'm so glad I did this. I just want to know how long until my hormones go back to normal. Does anyone know? Did anyone else have similar issues?

Monica M.
on 7/31/12 5:00 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
Estrogen is stored in your fat. So, as long as you're having rapid weight loss, you'll experience the effect of them. People often report feeling emotional and moody and out of sorts. Because you've had a history of this, you'll likely experience it a bit more than most.

it will pass.

Deb331
on 7/31/12 5:26 am - GA
RNY on 05/14/12
Thanks. I don't want my rapid weight loss to stop but I hope this stops soon. I can't take much more of it. Well I can, I just don't want to!

Oxford Comma Hag
on 7/31/12 6:22 am
wow. sorry you are having such a rough time. I went from no cycle due to an IUD to  a regular one every month. I was not amused. My lady bits are still sorting themselves out, but I have much less cramping, bloating, pms, etc than I did the first few months out.

take care
Deb331
on 7/31/12 6:31 am - GA
RNY on 05/14/12
How far out are you now and how many months until things started to feel somewhat better?

Oxford Comma Hag
on 7/31/12 6:38 am
I'm almost 11 months out now and I felt better after the first 3 months passed.
Deb331
on 7/31/12 6:43 am - GA
RNY on 05/14/12
Cool. I'm just now at 2.5 months. Maybe just a couple more months. Thanks for the info.