Pureed Diet Recipes?

siamsa1
on 7/31/12 6:15 am
RNY on 07/17/12
Hi everyone!

I started the puree portion of my diet and I was wondering if anyone has any good receipes to share?  I went to the grocery store and stocked up on beans of all kinds since it is something that I like and know that they are a good source of protein.  What I'm having trouble with is meat.  I just cannot puree my meat.  It turns my stomach to even look at it.   And on top of that I don't like eggs, so those are off of my list as well.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Jennifer 

Neen L.
on 7/31/12 6:33 am - Arlington, VA

I couldn't do pureed meat either, so for me it was a lot of plain yogurt, SF pudding, beans with melted cheese, and ricotta cheese. I'd usually season the ricotta with salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice. Yummy!

Pureed cauliflower mixed with some roasted garlic and some yogurt, sour cream, or cream cheese is really great for getting over potato cravings.

My dad also made me some great homemade light cream soups. Roasted mushroom was my favorite, but I also really enjoyed this creamy cauliflower, garlic and leek soup. It is completely smooth: http://neensnotes.com/2008/09/25/warm-and-wonderful/

I lived off of stracciatella during the pureed food phase. It's eggs and parmesan cheese beaten and then then whisked into boiling chicken broth. It's not like eating straight up eggs, so you might like it even if you aren't an egg lover.

Good luck!

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Always cooking at www.neensnotes.com!

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

FinallyTime
on 7/31/12 6:40 am - WI
 I've pretty much done yogurt with freshed pereed straw. protein drinks, i mix mine up usually a different way everytime so i don't get sick of it..  Have you found you cannot get all your liquids/pereed foods in?  I'm having so much problem and can hardly ge****er down too... If you should have info on that it would be great

Cheryl N.
on 7/31/12 7:06 am - Des Moines, WA
I loved some mashed potatoes, canned chicken breast, and a little chicken or brown gravy, and puree it all together.. really delish! 

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

Netti101
on 7/31/12 7:45 am - Norcross, GA
 I'm also on purée portion and been doing hearty soups in my magic bullet. It's so much better then liquids.
jamiebrain
on 7/31/12 8:05 am - Epping, NH
RNY on 08/14/12
 Somewhere I was reading, someone said they bake ricotta cheese mixed with Italian seasoning, covered with a little marinara sauce and low fat mozzarella on top. I'm looking forward to my puréed phase just so I can try it.
poet_kelly
on 7/31/12 9:06 am - OH
I don't eat any meat.  On the pureed diet, I ate Greek yogurt, refried beans with taco sauce and shredded cheddar cheese, ricotta cheese with spaghetti sauce and grated parmesan, unsweetened applesauce and mashed potatoes.

If you like chili, you might want to try pureeing that.  That might be less icky than something like pureed chicken or meatloaf, you know?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jillbeme
on 8/4/14 12:22 pm
Revision on 07/29/14

My husband  has offered to make me a pot of his awesome mild chili beans.   I can't wait

Jill