Favorite unflavored protein powder?

jamiebrain
on 8/5/12 5:52 am - Epping, NH
RNY on 08/14/12
 Hi there,

I've been buying some protein powders to have ready post-surgery, and I know it will be helpful to have an unflavored one to mix into broth or yogurt or whatever.  What's your favorite unflavored powder?

Thanks for any suggestions!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

jamiebrain on myfitnesspal.  :)  look me up.  :) :)

Erika P.
on 8/5/12 6:00 am - Birch Run, MI
 I found I like the Unjury :)

Cherokeesage
on 8/5/12 6:08 am
RNY on 02/24/12
I presently have two unflavored in my cabinet.  GNC isolate and Syntrax Nectar Medical Whey Protein Isolate.  The Syntrax has less protein per scoup (only 10 gm) but I find it mixes easily and I can barely tell it is there when I add to my food or any drink so it is my favorite.  I don't like  Nectar flavored proteins.

I get diarrhea from protein drinks and I think the reason that I can do this one is because of the low grams of protein powder spread throughout the day. 

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

BugdocMom
on 8/5/12 6:10 am - CA
I have gone through MANY brands of unflavored whey proteins and, by far, my fave is Nature's Best Isopure Pure Naked unflavored. I mix it into my morning coffee, a cup of hot tea, or diet hot cocoa and it dissolves nicely and has the least pritein taste and smell of any other unflavored I have tried. A couple of tips for adding protein powder to foods: start small-- add just a little at a time and work your way up to larger amounts. I started adding a tbsp to a mug of Swiss Miss diet hot cocoa, then when I was used to drinking it that way, I added a bit more. Now I can add 1/2 scoop without really noticing much of a taste change (but I can add a whole scoop of chocolate powder to the hot cocoa without ANY taste change so I usually do that;)) Also, add it to warm liquids after cooking. You'll get even better results if you allow your broth or oatmeal, or whatever hot thing it is, to cool slightly before adding the powder. Good luck!

jamiebrain
on 8/5/12 6:18 am - Epping, NH
RNY on 08/14/12
 Thanks a lot for the tips everyone!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

jamiebrain on myfitnesspal.  :)  look me up.  :) :)

Most Active
Recent Topics