Afraid to have a BM, I know it's going to hurt

tparham1
on 8/10/12 2:43 am - Royal Oak, MI
 I had surgery on Wed and took some dulcolax for gas pain and to get all the pain meds moving from my system and my stomach sounds like a thunderstorm inside, my stomach is still very sore and it still hurts to walk. I can only imagine how the BM is going to feel.....yikes. Any advice?

Sherry T.
on 8/10/12 3:35 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12
I don't think so, the wiring has been changed but the output is the same.....in my experience I did not have any problems and I was going to the bathroom the day after I got home.  Yes, my stomach was sore from the surgery but everything worked like clockwork.  I hope that helps and better on the outside than on the in as my Daddy used to say.   :)  
BeansOnToast
on 8/10/12 4:15 am - Reisterstown, MD
RNY on 07/31/12
 Plus, the muscles used to bear down for a BM weren't affected by surgery. I was terrified of the same thing, but it really worked out fine. :)
poet_kelly
on 8/10/12 4:27 am - OH
Just go when you feel the urge.  It might not be as bad as you're thinking it will be, but the longer you wait, the more it is likely to hurt.  So when you need to go, just go.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Hollie313
on 8/10/12 5:44 am - MI
RNY on 05/09/12
I didn't have issues for a few weeks.  Once the lack of fiber caught up with my body, then
I started taking Colace twice a day.  Since then, no issues!

Surgery: 5/9/12              HW: 302           SW:  287.6        CW:  158

Larry Wassmann
on 8/10/12 6:10 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12
Same here as with Hollie.  Colace twice a day did the trick for me. 

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

heather01_1973
on 8/10/12 2:09 pm - IN
I had surgery 8 days ago and I've only had one BM since. I'm beginning to get worried!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics