Day 3 after surgery

tparham1
on 8/11/12 5:29 pm - Royal Oak, MI
 Mam oh man is it harder to get my liquids and proteins in that I thought. I average 30grams of protein from an 110z shake and so far 30oz of water, a little jello and cream soup broth. When does it get a little easier with the liquids?

MikesJulie
on 8/11/12 5:32 pm - MA
RNY on 02/07/12
everyone is different...and it does take time to work up to all the protein and fluids.  I dont remember how long it took me but i know it didnt happen overnight.  I am 6 months post op now and sometimes i still have trouble meeting those goals...it all depends on my day.

Good Luck to you and Congrats on your surgery..

Julie
 (HW) 246 (Pre op weight loss) 9lbs (Surgery weight) 237  (1mo) 19lbs
65rosesmom
on 8/11/12 5:40 pm
 I had my surgery on Thursday and my surgeon just wants me to focus on liquids at this point.  I'm not allowed protein shakes et****il Wednesday.  I'm getting the liquids in pretty well.   Remember the water in the jello/soup/shake all count as part of your liquids.  It sounds like you are doing great for three days out.  Hang in there....we can do this!!!!!!  

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

bjenpaul
on 8/12/12 5:30 pm - IN
 I also had surgery on Thursday and it is hard but my dr says just focus on how much liquid you can get in not how much protein. The drinkable yogurts are good. 
Most Active
Recent Topics