PAIN!??!?!??!?!

Antonia R.
on 8/11/12 8:32 pm - University Park, IL
VSG on 06/11/13
 I think I may have pinch a nerve in my left foot. I took some NSAIDS and have rested and elevated my foot. However, it still is kind of swollen looking and achy. It's been like this for a few days but only when walking. However, now it aches all of the time. Do you all have any advice on what I should do to help the swelling and painful aching?

I have not tried any ice, heat, or wrapping treatments, only elevation and NSAIDS. What should I do?
~*ANTONIA*~

Dave Chambers
on 8/11/12 9:33 pm - Mira Loma, CA
My wife had both feet and ankles swollen abouit 50% above normal. She's lost feeling in the bottom of her feet. If she walks on hot cement these summer days without shoes, she's got blisters. Her PCP thinks it's the nerves in her back that are causing the issues. A few days on Lasix and her left foot is much better, but her right foot is not much improved. Tomorrow is Sunday, and her PCP had placed an immedate order for a MRI on her back. She's gotten shots in her back before, and she said she can feel the "electric shock feeling" go down her leg into her foot within a minute of the shot. I don't know if you done anything to injure your foot, as it's not noted. Before my RNY, if I was on my feet for 3 hours or more one day, both ankles and feet would swell up, and the only relief I really got was to elevate my feet for most of the same day.  I'd strongly consider seeing your doctor. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

shygirlxoxo
on 8/12/12 10:47 am - savannah, GA
RNY on 12/04/12
Are you pre-op? NSAIDS are a no no after sugery. If its swollen then you should get it looked at by a doctor. Sure it could be just a pulled muscle but you should make sure its not something more serious like a clot or infection or spider bite.