vitamin and mineral supplements

diva49
on 8/13/12 8:17 am - MO
  I'm taking chewable bariatric fusion supplements and I can't stand the taste. I've tried all flavors. My taste buds have really changed since having surgery. I was able to tolerate them before surgery but now I just want to gag!!!  Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
(deactivated member)
on 8/13/12 8:29 am
I don't know what flavor you might like, but there's other chewables. I used Bariatric Advantage for a long time and they come in several flavors. Centrum even has chewables.
Dave Chambers
on 8/13/12 8:41 am - Mira Loma, CA
If you can swallow pills, then you'll avoid these tastes.  Pills may offer a brief "belch" taste, but not for everyone.  Yes, things change post op.  Dave

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

diva49
on 8/13/12 9:05 am - MO
I'm 17 days post op. I can swallow pills okay. It's the big capsules that can give me problems because I have to take a big sip of water. I tried taking one the other day and it wasn't nice. I'm still in the sippy stage so I'm trying to avoid taking pills. If I could I would do the pills. It is easier than chewing those awful tablets!!!
Dave Chambers
on 8/13/12 11:04 am - Mira Loma, CA

The largest pill I had issues with was the calcium citrate. BUT, there are options here too. I currently use a capsule form of calcium citrate I get from vitalday. Capsules are smooth and can be taken with less water.  I also currently take a high potency Twin Lap Daily Two Caps vitamins, again in a capsule form for easier swallowing. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

cajungirl
on 8/13/12 8:43 am
I've never been able to "like" the chewable vitamins of any kind.  I take and have taken since about 3 weeks post-op regular adult vitamins I can swallow.  I'm not sure how far out you are but you might want to talk to your surgeon and see if he/she is ok with you trying vitamins you can swallow.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

SoCaPinkLady
on 8/13/12 8:50 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12
I also take a multi vitamin I can swallow. I have creamy Calcium bites that I can handle from Celebrate. I found a small Vit. C that I can swallow as well.

Lori                               

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/12 9:20 am
I love the chocolate raspbery iron from Bariatric advantage, it's like a candy truffle, and does not upset my stomach at all. Tastes really good. I also like their chewable chocolate, or cinnamon calcium. I tried the horse pills from celebrate, but you have to take six a day, and I hated them, tried their horse sized multi's too, and didn't like those either, and you have to take three a day. I have been using Bariatric Advantage chewable multi's, and the only flavor I can deal with is berry. All their muti's are kind of bitter. I also take BA's strawberyy probiotic once a day, and I think it works great, and tastes great. I never have constipation issues.
PamelaNJ
on 8/13/12 10:04 am
I take chewable multivitamins, calcium citrate and iron...all from Celebrate Vitamins and I think they taste great! Obviously, everyone's sense of taste is different, but you may want to contact them for a sample pack to see how you like them.  :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Working on becoming a healthier me!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 212 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 257 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 266 views