FINALLY! Approval and a surgery date!

dizzylizzy19
on 8/13/12 4:49 pm - VA
RNY on 09/17/12

Seems like I've been prepping forever.  All those doctor visits and tests and now I'm in the homestretch.

I got notice today that my insurance approved my gastric bypass (although the Bariatric Coordinator had to do a little fast talking because my PCP didn't fill out the physician supervised weightloss forms correctly!)  I also got a date.... 17 September.

Now, only the pre-op appt with my surgeon, pre-op with my PCP, and then 2 weeks of liquids.

I'm excited but nervous.  In my heart I know this is the right decision, but I second guess myself with all the doubters around me.

Kat1313
on 8/13/12 5:25 pm - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13
Congratulations!  That's wonderful news.
AmberLee72
on 8/13/12 6:14 pm
Congrats!!! Your life is gonna change for the better!
dizzylizzy19
on 8/13/12 6:24 pm - VA
RNY on 09/17/12
Thanks Ladies.  It's been a bit of a struggle in the last couple of weeks.  As it actually gets "real" for people they have become less than supportive.

I think it's hard for people to accept that I have exhausted all options and I'm at my wits end.  I'm sick all the time and things just keep getting worse - not better.  I was on a strict 1200 cal diet from the RD and I lost a total of 4 lbs in 4 months (umm, that didn't work).  I can't walk more than a couple of blocks without my back hurting so bad I want to cry. 

All my weight seems to have "settled" in my trunk.  My stomach and my boobs are basically huge so no wonder my back hurts so bad!

Melyssa S.
on 8/13/12 7:48 pm - Lauderhill, FL
RNY on 06/12/12
 Great news!
HW 247 SW 224 GW 140                  
Winners never quit and quitters never win. Vince Lombardi

missmeka02
on 8/13/12 9:47 pm - AL
Congratulations!! My information was submitted today, so I hope to be in your seat soon!!
CarolF3
on 8/14/12 3:39 am - Albany, NY
RNY on 12/17/12
Congratulations!! September is not far off. Stick with the support groups, don't pay any attention to the doubters.

The surgery is a tool. Follow your Team's Instructions before and after. Do you keep a journal at home?
It would be good for you to document your progress-for you to look back on in the future.

You will do fine!! We all have to have patience in this journey of ours. It is worth it.

Carol