Things I want to wear

Sherry T.
on 8/17/12 8:20 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12
My Mom engrained this into me....when you go out dress, makeup and hair do....for this reason if I'm not all decked out and run to the store I do feel like a slob....went to the lab this morning and as I was coming through the door saw a woman sitting next to her grown son and she elbowed him and nodded my way.....and no I wasn't dressed, had on shorts and matching shirt....and I so wanted to scream at her that I had lost 65 pounds!    Ofcourse after I signed in...their was only was one chair available next to HER!  So, I flopped down next to her....I know she was none to happy about it.....why are people so stupid??   It wasn't like she was a knock out. 

Anyway, I digress....I understand where you are coming from!  Hubby hates for us to plan to go anywhere like out to dinner cause it takes me atleast an hour and half to do hair, makeup and clothes.....he's called me for lunch several times to just get up and run to his work....and I can't cause haven't fixed the hair and bod!!   Plus I want to be down ALOT before I run into any of his work buddies....i've only met 2 but they both know me at my somewhat low weight and they've seen me my high weight. 

Hang in there!!  It's worth it.....was returning some clothes at Kohl's this morning and right at the door they had those cutsie exercise outfits and one day I will own one of them!!   Or one for everyday of the week! :)  

Monica M.
on 8/17/12 8:37 am - Penetanguishene, Canada
i know what you mean. even when i was done up to the nines, i always felt underdressed, as an obese person. Hardly seems fair that skinny chicks can throw on anything and look good...

Yay for consultation on Monday!!!

Dee.spunk
on 8/17/12 7:14 pm - Sacramento, CA
I like dressing up. Even in high school I'd dress up. Camping is the only time I don't dress up, but I still do my hair and makeup. Now I like to dress up even more cause I can find more selections. I don't think it should matter wether your skinny or not. I've always dressed up and I'll continue to do it after I reach goal.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

kidnamedtoad
on 8/17/12 10:42 pm
Judge me not by my appearance!  I never let anyone dismiss me based on what I look like or what I wear.  If someone is  going to judge me on my appearance and what I'm wearing then I have no use for them.  I wear school uniforms to work and sweats on the weekend.  I have always been this way.    Weight had nothing to do with it.  I  don't view myself as lazy or a slob. Just someone not concerned by the superficialness of day to day dressing. 
Toad         Starting weight: 249 Day of surgery wt: 217  GW: 109 CW 149                                                                    
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 363 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 198 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 118 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 2 replies · 14 views
Recent Topics