When does depression set in?

happy_baker
on 8/20/12 12:17 pm
RNY on 02/15/12
 I agree. When I was with my ex husband, I was terribly depressed. I ended up at my doctor's office one day in a full-fledged, sobbing panic attack and they started me on paxil. It didn't help. I took it for 3 months before I realized it wasn't doing anything.  Turns out, drugs can't fix a crappy situation.   Once I left the douche, the depression lifted and never came back. Imagine that. 
_._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. 
Check out my video blog!  www.youtube.com/user/HappilyShrinking/videos
Highest weight: 269.  Surgery weight: 233.  Goal weight: 144, and then we'll see.. 
artroxy blue
on 8/20/12 2:43 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
  I had a similar experience, and only afterwards did I really "get it." LOL Glad to hear you found a solution to the problem. ;)
Sherry T.
on 8/20/12 10:10 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12
I have never had the weepies....the depression was before surgery and if I do get down it's normally other cir****tances...ie...husband or family or lack of job.  This surgery has brought me hope when I felt none and I know all I have to do is keep doing what I'm supposed to do and it's only going to get better!   

Hope that helps!!

Life is good!

Sherry
happy_baker
on 8/20/12 12:15 pm
RNY on 02/15/12
 I didn't have any post-op depression.  In fact, I feel pretty darn good.  I still have moments where I'm bluer than usual, but nothing extended. 
_._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. 
Check out my video blog!  www.youtube.com/user/HappilyShrinking/videos
Highest weight: 269.  Surgery weight: 233.  Goal weight: 144, and then we'll see.. 
kathyshrinks
on 8/20/12 1:41 pm - WA
RNY on 01/18/12
I had the same concerns about my depression getting worse after surgery.  However, I haven't had any problems with that, and I am six months out.   I am still taking the same medication in the same dose as before, and feeling good.  Except when life is crappy, and then I feel bad, like anyone else.  The medication can't fix what ain't broke!

I have noticed a more positive outlook, and fewer episodes of "just getting through the day" - something that I still experience from time to time despite medication.  Will this new life lead to me taking less - or no - medication?  Maybe.  But if not, that's okay too.  I am just loving the journey so far!

artroxy blue
on 8/20/12 2:45 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 That's so great that you're doing well! I'm glad to hear it. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 355 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 453 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 440 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views