abdominal pain, nausea and calcium supplements

icnside
on 8/29/12 7:40 am - Chesapeake, VA
Has anobody ahd an issue with abdominal pain/nausea due to their calcium supplements? I have pretty much been living with abdominal discomfort and nausea since my surgery which seems to have gotten worse this past week. My surgeon's office has no answers for me and I just read on the label of my Bariatric Advantage chewable calcium that if you experience persistent nausea, vomiting diarrhea or other symptoms, contact your physician. Has anyone had an issue with calcium?

Sonogrrl
on 8/29/12 8:05 am
RNY on 05/22/12
No issues with calcium but I did with iron. It had sorbitol in it & was making me super jittery. Crawling out of my skin jittery. I would check the label for stuff like that. I'm using Upcal-D & Calcet creamy bites because I don't like to swallow pills.
RNY 5/22/12      27.5.bs lost pre-op      
JUSTJUNQUIES
on 8/29/12 8:28 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
I had a terrible time with calcium the first few months , now I don't start taking vitamins till I have my lunch because I only have a protein drink for breakfast and if I mix vitamins with that,  I am sunk
I do one calcium pill and 2 calcet .
I would try going without it for a day or two and see if your symptoms go away , if not , you are going to have to make your doc dig deeper to find out what is going on with you !!!

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

icnside
on 8/29/12 9:14 am - Chesapeake, VA
Thanks Donna, I never thought of actually just stopping for a couple of days. Now that you mention it, I was doing better with the calcet chews and all of this started when I switched. I always got nauseous on vitamins before surgery, so I guess it is a good likelihood they will effect me post op. I will try a couple of days back on the calcets and see if that helps.

Donna O.

poet_kelly
on 8/29/12 9:18 am - OH
On August 29, 2012 at 2:40 PM Pacific Time, icnside wrote:
Has anobody ahd an issue with abdominal pain/nausea due to their calcium supplements? I have pretty much been living with abdominal discomfort and nausea since my surgery which seems to have gotten worse this past week. My surgeon's office has no answers for me and I just read on the label of my Bariatric Advantage chewable calcium that if you experience persistent nausea, vomiting diarrhea or other symptoms, contact your physician. Has anyone had an issue with calcium?
Have you tried a different brand?  It may not be the calcium citrate itself but something else in the supplement.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
Recent Topics