Quick update.

scarlettbegonias
on 8/29/12 12:26 am - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12
 My meeting with the surgeon didn't go how I wanted it to- he wants to wait another 5 months before he will operate on me again- he's concerned about swelling and healing and other crap- which given he's cutting it all out I don't really get but he's saying for now my insides are to swollen/damaged/angry.

Im going to see another surgeon a few hours from here at my surgeons expense to get a second opinion  ,see if he thinks we can do it any sooner- I really don't want to wait another 6 months I already waited 3 after the band removal I'm doing my head in at the moment, it doesn't help that I still can exercise except a (slow) walk- I'm not allowed to go above 3 on the treadmill.

Above should say cant. Stupid iPad 

Sorry for the little rant .

Band placed April '08 four years of hell-Band removed may '12~Non VSG July 26 '12. All went to hell~RNY on the 19th october '12~Leak & infection 26th october '12 ~infection 24th November '12, 2 weeks hospital~infection 25th dec '12 4 days ~30/5/13 hernia repair 4 days~hw120/sw/115/gw/58kg

jewel-twin
on 8/29/12 3:41 am - Canada
I'm sorry it didn't go how you wanted it to... I think if my surgeon thought it was best to wait a little while because my insides are not properly healed, I would be disappointed but understanding. Glad you are getting a second opinion....

Waiting Sucks.
scarlettbegonias
on 8/29/12 4:41 am - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12
 Thanks jewel-twin,the surgeon that I'm going to see for a second opinion is the surgeon my surgeon called when it all went pear shaped, I (some might say surprisingly) trust my surgeon and I DO understand why he's being super cautious with me- as you said waiting sucks and I was so ready to go and start my new life, patience has never been one of my selling points :-)

Band placed April '08 four years of hell-Band removed may '12~Non VSG July 26 '12. All went to hell~RNY on the 19th october '12~Leak & infection 26th october '12 ~infection 24th November '12, 2 weeks hospital~infection 25th dec '12 4 days ~30/5/13 hernia repair 4 days~hw120/sw/115/gw/58kg