soooo off topic....Tag renewal

AmberF
on 8/30/12 9:17 pm - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 12/12/12
So my fiance has a truck and the tags have been expired for 3 years. NO we havent been driving it. Gas just got so high that he just got a cheap car to drive to and from work. We kept the truck insured the whole time, its an 07 ford and he bought it brand new and we didnt want anything to happen to it while in the drive way ( getting broken into or something) and it not be coverd so we kept it fully insured. Well now the car has broken down and he cant drive mine because I need it for school everyday. So we need to get tags on the truck so he can start driving it. My question is how big of a fine do you think were taking about??? Any ideas? I looked on the Georgia department of revanue sight but couldnt find anything. Were going to have go get the regardless but I just want some kind of idea as to how much so I can brace mysefl. Any info would help :) Also I was told that my surgeons office would know something from my insurcance about two weeks after my appointment. Tuesday I will be calling Im praying for approval!
Dave Chambers
on 8/30/12 9:42 pm - Mira Loma, CA

State laws on fines on back registrations vary.  Many States offer "non op" for your tags, ie, you pay a reduced fee so you can renew tags without penalties at a later time.  Hopefully you did that. If you failed to do a non op if offered, you'll likely end up paying hundreds of dollars in late fees and the last 3 year's tags.  I know it's expensive in CA for expried tags without a non op, as I've been through it before.  You'll likely have to get at least a smog emissions test, possibly a more extensive costlier one than normal. It all depends on your State laws.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Lori F.
on 8/31/12 4:17 am - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12
For Georgia:  http://www.dmv.org/ga-georgia/registration-renewal.php

Tag fees for cars under 15,000 pounds are $20. You can calculate your ad valorem taxes using your vehicle make and model, and tax year.

You’ll also need to pay your specialized tag fee, if you have specialized tags.

You may want to recalculate your insurance at the same time, to get a better rate.

Avoid Late Fees and Penalties

If you’re late registering, you must pay late fees including 10% of the ad valorem tax due and 25% of the tag fees, plus whatever regular fees you have due.

Follow me @ www.bariatrickitchen.com  My Progress, Recipes and Things I learn along the way
HW: 375   ​SW: 342  GW:  140  HT: 5'7"  

NCwarriorchick
on 8/31/12 5:15 am
The expired tag parts are usually not that expensive. The part people forget is the car taxes. In most states if you have not paid the taxes they wont let you renew the tags.

Dave Chambers
on 8/31/12 6:49 am - Mira Loma, CA

It would be interesting to hear how much you actually had to pay to get tags current.  CA has higher renewal fees than a lot of States.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Larry Wassmann
on 8/31/12 8:01 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12
 No fine here just renew when you want. About $30.00 per year.

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

Katester
on 8/31/12 10:35 am
you are all lucky. I'm going today to get my new stickers...expires today.
They are $99!!! and if you are more than 30 days late then it's an extra $20.
AmberF
on 8/31/12 11:08 am - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 12/12/12
Thanks everyone I will let you know how it goes! Im going to get them some time next week hopefully it wont be to much....
Most Active
Recent Topics