Stupid Question re: Liquid Lunch

jamiebrain
on 8/31/12 12:48 pm - Epping, NH
RNY on 08/14/12
 I know they say there are no stupid questions, but this one feels stupid.  If you have broth for lunch, do you treat that the same way you do more solid food, in other words, no drinking water for 1/2 hour after?  I ask because the broth I just had was really salty and I'm dying to take a drink of my water!  Thanks for your input!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

jamiebrain on myfitnesspal.  :)  look me up.  :) :)

Queue_T
on 8/31/12 12:56 pm - CO
RNY on 02/28/12
 My doc was not very strict during the postoperative soft diet and liquid diet phases and we could drink with our meals 

My journey begins 2/28/12 ! HW 300+, SW 291

artroxy blue
on 8/31/12 1:43 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 I don't see why you couldn't have water after broth. It's just more liquid. 
Price S.
on 8/31/12 1:51 pm - Mills River, NC

no waiting for liguids, but we did wait when we started soft food, like cottage cheese, yogurt, etc.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

pattymac65
on 8/31/12 2:14 pm
It's not going to kill you to take a sip.  But as a matter of setting good habits, just take a sip and don't down a full glass.  Just my opinion.  Good luck!

(deactivated member)
on 8/31/12 2:32 pm
Clear broth is the same as water.  It is in clear liquid form. If it was cream of chicken that would be different.  Same goes for sf jello, sf free Popsicles and crystal light and any water enhancer.   All of that would be fine to have right after you have your broth.  Jane
Most Active
Recent Topics