What has happened!

Beth B.
on 8/31/12 5:44 pm - Fayetteville, NC
I had surgery on 8/13 came home on Wednesday 8/15.  That Sunday I passed out and was readmitted to the hopital with very low potassium.  I came home on Wednesday 8/22.  That Thursday I didn't feel good at all.  I went to bed around 11 and felt like I had to throw up.  I made it to the bathroom and started throwing up blood...and then it started coming from the other end.  I laid on the floor for while before I could get up and make it to the phone.  I called 911 and they sent me to the ER immediately.  I threw up and passed blood all day Friday.  My doctor was out of town and was assigned one of his partners.  Sunday morning about 130 I started throwing up again blood and dispelling large amounts of blood.  They gave me 6 units of blood.  When the dr got there he was going to open me up, but they decided to do an endocscopy.  They found I had an ulcer on one of the staples and that I had torn a small part away from the esophagus and stomach.  I truly thought I was going to die that day.  I was so sick.  I finally got home again yesterday Friday.  I am so weak and cant do much now....I fall asleep at the drop of a hat.  There was so much blood everywhere....they had to call the rapid response team to me 3 times that night.....I had 3 nurses in my room most of the night.....a lot of regrets right now.

Beth
Laurie A.
on 8/31/12 6:03 pm
RNY on 08/21/12
I am so sorry to hear all that! I hope you start feeling better soon and have no further complications. I'm not very far out, so I can't say I know it gets better, but I will at least send up a prayer for nothing further! Hang in there!!

Laurie
The Lord will not give me more than I can handle! Through Him, all things are possible!!        
Missy A.
on 8/31/12 6:05 pm - NC
RNY on 08/17/12
So sorry you are having a rough time, Beth. Hoping things get better for you from here on out! 

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

Sherrie P.
on 8/31/12 6:05 pm
RNY on 02/06/13
OMG that is awful.
I hope all is better now and your will recover soon.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

artroxy blue
on 8/31/12 6:24 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 I'm so sorry you've been through that! Hopefully, you're finally on the mend, and can move forward. 

Sending lots of hugs and well-wishes!!
(deactivated member)
on 8/31/12 6:57 pm - WA
RNY on 08/21/12
What an awful start you've had. I hope everything gets better soon.
OH2012
on 8/31/12 7:00 pm - OH
Sorry for your experience. Now not looking at what is behind, hold fast to the goal that is before you.
Best Wishes for a better recovery!!!.
misssparky
on 8/31/12 7:01 pm - MO
 {{{hugs}}}
Thank God for the wonderful gift of WLS.  Use it wisely as the tool it is meant to be and hold yourself accountable for the rest of the journey!!!

KAREN

SoCaPinkLady
on 8/31/12 7:19 pm - CA
RNY on 06/11/12
First off ((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))  you have endured so much in such a short amount of time. I am very sorry you have had all these complications. I hope all gets better for you very soon and that you start to feeling good again. I'm glad the hospital staff took good care of you while you were in there.

Get some rest and remember this won't last forever and soon you will feel much better.

Lori                               

ready2be140
on 8/31/12 7:25 pm - WA
RNY on 08/29/12
 So sorry to hear all that you have gone through-I pray that each day moving forward you will feel better and with time you will see some great results to have made it all worth it-I hope you have good support system where you are at-it is okay to ask and receive help-sending virtual hugs now
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 440 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views