Update:It Never Fails...

Carla M.
on 8/31/12 7:54 pm
RNY on 02/21/11 with

Well, It's been awhile....

I don't have Reactive hypoglycemia. I actually have epilepsy caused from the head trauma. My first seizure was caused from a lowered seizure threshhold from the Tramadol and Klonapin that I had been taking for years. I had no idea that either of those could lower your ability to stave off seizures, but apparently they can. The flashing lights in the thrift store caused me to seize, fall, and hit my head very hard onto a concrete floor. I suffere moderate to severe head trauma and now have epilepsy. I was put on Keppra, but am now off of that because that caused me to have syncopal episodes (loss of consciousness) and it ended me in the hospital twice. Now I am just dealing with lots of partial seizures all of the time, mini strokes due to the head trauma that have ended me in the er, 2 times, muscle tightness, migraines, and the frustration of not being able to do simple thi For example, my boyfriend had to help me checkout at Target yesterday because I couldn't figure out the credit card machine. It doesn't happen all the time, but when there is a lot of noise, watch out...my brain goes away and I start twitching.

I see the neurologist again on September 13th and an ENT on Sept 18th. Hoping to start on some new seizure meds to stop the spasms and seizures. My muscles hurt and I'm tired all the time! Until then, that's the update. Feeling pretty good otherwise. Still in good spirits considering! Going to the zoo for my birthday tomorrow!!!

MickeyDee
on 8/31/12 8:29 pm
Good to hear that you have been successful, but I'm sorry to hear that you are having such severe health challenges.

Carla M.
on 9/1/12 8:38 am
RNY on 02/21/11 with

Thanks. Yes. I have been really succesful surgery-wise. I had a few complications with some ulcers, strictures, etc, but all-in-all ok. Glad I did it. Just had a hard few years otherwise.

Carla M.
on 9/1/12 8:41 am
RNY on 02/21/11 with

Oh, I forgot to mention that they thought I had reactive hypogycemia because the type of seizure that I was having messes with glucose levels in the blood. It can also mees with blood pressures. Fun stuff....I've had Temperal Lobe Seizures where I hear music, voices, talk to dead loved ones...it's very strange...well, think I talk to loved ones....

Most Active