8 days post op

brandi31cole
on 9/5/12 10:55 am - arlington, TX
 Hi all! I'm 8 days post op and I was wondering if it's normal to be able to eat/drink more now than right after surgery. When I was 4 days post op I could barely get 8 oz. of fluid in and NO food, now I can get in 60 oz. fluid and 3 half cups of food. Am I stretching my pouch? Or is this normal? Any help would be appreciated.
Jilly Bean
on 9/5/12 11:14 am - IN
RNY on 07/09/12
 I could (and sometimes still can) only get in 1/4 cup of food if I was lucky...all the way up to now.  Just follow your plan.  Mine said 2 oz 3X per day for the first 8 weeks.

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

april89love
on 9/5/12 11:52 am - NC
You will not feel full right now because the nerves were cut. Only eat what is on your plan. Make sure you measure your food. You don't want to stretch your stoma.

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

Chirs H.
on 9/5/12 1:03 pm - Wichita Falls, TX
I haven't had my surgery yet, but was to told not to rely on how I was "feeling" as far as fullness or hunger go - measure everything as directed to avoid vomiting, stretching, etc...
Chris

Don't quit before the miracle...

brandi31cole
on 9/5/12 1:08 pm - arlington, TX
 I'm not relying on "feeling" at all. I measure everything that goes into my mouth. I sit down with my 1/2 cup of food and take small bites, put my spoon down and eat very slowly. I often feel full so I stop, on other days I can get it all in.
Most Active
Recent Topics