Stall - So Frustrated

Suzanne Gottschalk
on 9/4/12 9:47 am - Columbia, MO
I started 6/7/11 at 340. I have since lost 139 pounds. Sitting at a square 201 for literally 6 months. I am so disappointed with myself. I was wanting to get down to 180 at the very least, but it seems as if this is not going to happen. I'm getting my protein, taking my supplements, eat very few carbs...I don't know what else to do. 

My physical activities could be higher. I have a high stress job that requires me to sit for long periods. I get up and walk whenever I can but it's never enough. I was recently diagnosed with osteo arthritis in both knees - no surprise because my grandmother had it and I was sort of expecting it. I cannot change jobs, I have worked so hard to get this one - a counseling job that has the pay to actually match my effort and love put into it.

My daughter is 13 and Thursday she pierced her own lip and didn't get up for school today. My stress level is off the charts, thinking of buying a bicycle. I don't know.

Any words of wisdom/inspiration/ass kickin?
Mary Catherine
on 9/4/12 10:09 am
Buy a bicycle and have fun riding it.  Forgive your daughter.  She will grow up someday.  You still are in the honeymoon period of weight loss. 

At just about where you are now I swiched to an almost all fruit diet.  I ate fresh peaches, pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, cantalope, oranges, pears, apples, plums, etc.  I lost 12 pounds after six weeks of doing that.  I found out I do not dump from fruit.  The change from protein took away the boredom and got my body losing again.