and it's on... 1 week liquid diet starts today

dizzylizzy19
on 9/10/12 7:58 am - VA
RNY on 09/17/12
My surgery is next monday.  7 short days away!  I'm a little nervous, especially after all the bad bad luck I've been having lately.  In the last week alone I had to put down my mastiff - Sheba, and a tree fell on my house.  Not exactly the best omens.

Now I'm on the all liquid diet, it's only 11 am on day one and I'm already miserable.  I'm hungry, light headed and got a headache coming on.  I'm not sure how I'm going to get through this, but I guess you do what you gotta do.

I'm on just protein drinks (no add ins), broth, and sugar free popcicles.  Does anyone have any hints, especially ones to mentally get through it??
macjuicy
on 9/10/12 1:00 am, edited 9/10/12 1:00 am - FL
yOUR GONNA GO THRU A WITHDRAWL STAGE DURING THE LIQUID DIET.. ITS NORM REMEMBER YOUR BODY IS USE TO EATING SO THIS SHOULD LAST A FEW DAYS MAYBE 3 THEN GETS BETTER

soory for caps lol i had already typed response without looking and i was too far in to redo lol

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

dizzylizzy19
on 9/10/12 11:12 am - VA
RNY on 09/17/12
It's cool.  that happens.

Today is not going so well.  I'm off, I'm hungry, and I just want to eat a big hamburger or something.  And it seems everyone is around me eating.  and even the things I hate smell awesome
Jewelsstevens
on 9/10/12 1:07 pm - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12
I start mine tomorrow. I have been dreading it. But, just a few ideas for variety and hopefully to help with your hunger:

Skim milk;

Cream based soups such as split pea, tomato, cream of asparagus, (after you cook them, pour them through the strainer to get rid of the non liquid ingredients such as mushrooms or chicken from cream of mushroom or chicken soup);

Sugar free fudgsicles;

Drinkable yogurt (no fruit pieces);

I hope this helps some! Of course, check with your doc.

dizzylizzy19
on 9/10/12 3:32 pm - VA
RNY on 09/17/12
Thanks, but my directions are protein shakes (with examples - they are the straight liquid protein shakes), broths, and crystal light ... basically all clear liquids.
Most Active
Recent Topics