First time to Live group

Lose_to_Win
on 9/8/12 12:29 pm - PA
RNY on 12/20/12
 I'm working on getting approved to have surgery in the UPenn system. Part of their program is you must attend at least 1 of their support groups pre-op. Today was the day! The same nutritionist who did my info session was there, as well as one other. Tons of people! I was a little nervous about going there, wasn't sure what exactly we were going to do for 2 hours, so I went alone. After meeting all these awesome people, I'll be pulling my sister or friend along next time - not only was there a TON of great info and reassurance, but a lot of the people were HILARIOUS! One guy who is over 3 years out said (of his past health issues) that he "had every surgery except a hysterectomy - and if they could do it for a man, they probably would have". So glad to find out that there are lots of like-minded (read: crazy and appreciate humor) people who have succeeded in the program, and who are more than willing to share experiences and help others!

Plus, down another 3 lbs in the last 3 weeks on my own!

RachelFat2Fit.blogspot.com     HW 367 6/26/12  |  SW 335 12/20/12  |  1st GW 180

Cherokeesage
on 9/8/12 9:29 pm
RNY on 02/24/12
We use to have two local support groups that I attended.  I really miss them.  One was held at a local hospital and the chef would do cooking demos so we got to try new ways to get protein.  I thought I hated tofu until one of his demos.   

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

GraceGirl
on 9/8/12 9:46 pm
My program has monthly support meetings love them!

"If you're interested in achieving success, you'll do what's convenient. When you are committed to success, you'll do whatever it takes."

Most Active
Recent Topics