Blood test results

Shirley O.
on 9/9/12 4:07 pm - NM
Hi, I would like some feedback on my blood test results.  I'm going to new doctor and want to be sure she checked what needed to be tested.  I am tired a lot and have had something similar to hot flashes (66 years old, so past that).  This was a fasting blood test.
WBC-5.6
RBC-4.59
Hemoglobin--15.1
HCT--45
MCV--98
MCHC--33.5
RDW--13.8
Platelets--195
Vitamin B12--1832
Serum Folate--24.3
Calcium--9.0
Total Protein--6.0
TSH--1.220
A1C--5.5
Vitamin D, 25 Hydroxy
D2--
Highest Weight 280, Surgery Weight  240  Current Weight 164  Goal Weight  140

Shirley
New Mexico

poet_kelly
on 9/9/12 4:30 pm - OH
Well, your B12 is excellent.  Your total protein is too low, ideally it would be at least 7.0.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 9/9/12 4:40 pm
Yep, looks good except protein. Should be where Kelly said.
Shirley O.
on 9/9/12 5:06 pm - NM
 Thanks, Kelly and Fire Muse!  I'll try to work in more protein.  Kelly, my Vitamin D3 was 73.  Is that too low?
Shirley
poet_kelly
on 9/9/12 6:09 pm - OH
Just a teeny bit.  Ideally it would be at least 80, according to the Linus Pauling Institute.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 245 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 267 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views