How do you celebrate your birthday post-op?

chelsea41808
on 9/11/12 5:08 am - OH
RNY on 05/14/12 with
 my birthday was last month, and i went out to the club with my girls and danced like crazy. you wont think about the cake unless you dwell on it .. best birthday ive had in a long time

HW - 260    SW - 237    CW - 152    GW - 140                    

Sara O.
on 9/11/12 8:57 am - NC
RNY on 03/12/12
My family took me out to Red Lobster for dinner. It was delicious, but I was further out than you are now. We skipped the traditional cake and ice cream.
brenlee1965
on 9/11/12 9:08 am - New Berlin, NY
Jennifer...Happy B day....Most places have soups on the menu and you are 8 weeks out....what stage are you in the puree or soft foods? My sister recently went out and her fiance had stuffed shells and she ate the inside of one of the shells. You can drink "water" for the beverage. Good luck and just enjoy your family (and the gifts).
 Bren                
brenlee1965
on 9/11/12 9:11 am - New Berlin, NY
My b day is November and I will want to go to Red Lobster for the lobster bisque (maybe) it is unbelievably yummy!!! But I will go to the movie theater (we started that tradition years ago, since I love it). I can't remember having cake on my birthday(since I was a teenager). But I love s/f jello, so I will most likely make something with that.
 Bren                
LJ1972
on 9/11/12 9:13 am - FL
My birthday was 4 days after my surgery - I had SF chocolate pudding and a movie / Wii night with my friends.
This year I turned 40 and I had several days of celebrating me! massage, zoo, atlanta aquarium, dinner with friends, naps (unheard of lol )

And yes, I had chocolate cake with chocolate icing (1yr out )

COURAGE TO START, STRENGTH TO ENDURE, RESOLVE TO FINISH 
                              HW 353 SW 317 Original GW 180  Current Wt  170 
                               First 5k 59:18; 5k PR 32:06;  1st 10k 1:20:27; PR 1:08:36
                                                    1st Half Marathon 2:48

Pensacola Double Bridge Run 15k- 1:47:34
                                                  Three Sprint Triathlons

Jen V.
on 9/11/12 9:35 am - Waterford Township, MI
RNY on 06/29/12

I plan to go out to eat with my family in Frankenmuth, MI. After, we are going to walk around the town and visit all the shops. It is beautiful in December. My mom's birthday is 4 days before mine, so we will be celebrating together. 

Sarah R.
on 9/11/12 2:09 pm
My family doesnt do big parties our deal has always been you pick your birthday meal...I still do this LOL, I just dont ask for a desert anymore. This year I think I had a homemade taco versus years past of pizza, cake, pop and days long food celebration.

carolyndrn_224
on 2/20/13 3:11 am - Massapequa, NY

Dear Jennifer,

carolyndrn_224
on 2/20/13 3:19 am - Massapequa, NY

Dear Jennifer ,

Hi I am having anxiety also about birthday week.  I go back to work tomorrow and then my birthday is 2/24 and my sons is 2/25.

We always did like you did with a family dinner and cake.  I had my 5 week post op check up and asked the dietician if I could but those petite cupcakes. She told me next year.

If we go out I would like a diner and I could order a scrambled egg, and i'll be done. I don't know how the family will like this suggestion.

I am five weeks out and I am eating cottage cheese, ricotta cheese applesauce, laughing cow swiss cheese tolerating all except laughing cow, and today I tried a shaved piece of chicken breast.

campingmama
on 2/20/13 3:19 am - IN

I love all the exercise activities to celebrate your birthday. My DH is diabetic and I always make him a low fat sugar free cheese cake. He loves it and I plan on modifying the recipe in the future to include more protein.

Our 20th Anniversary is this May. I will be 2.5 months post op. I imagine we will have a healthy dinner at home, my favorite thing to do, and maybe go to a park for a romantic walk or if I can, play tennis. I'm not good, but I love it!

I will care for my body so that I can feel the pleasure of being fit & fully alive as I grow older.                  

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 484 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 406 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 394 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 168 views
Recent Topics