Protein Pancakes recipe

Dave Chambers
on 9/12/12 7:49 am - Mira Loma, CA

A lady named Wendy F. spoke about these at one of my support meetings last night. She avoids bread, as that was a major issue in her obesity prior to RNY.  She has these as a bread substitute. She spoke of wanting a PB & J sandwich yesterday. She put 2 of these pancakes in her microwave to thaw them. Put peanut butter and SF jelly on one rolled it up, and it solved her hunger issue. 

This is for you Dave...Protein Pancakes.
I mix everything in a vita mix/blender. Recipe can be doubled. Beat 2 eggs. Add 1 cup low fat cottage cheese, half a banana and half tsp. of baking powder and mix until smooth. Add 1 cup Quaker quick oats, one tsp. vanilla, one tsp. cinnamon and one tsp pumpkin pie spice (optional). Mix until smooth. Spray medium/hi griddle with Pam and measure out pancake mix using a 1/4 cup. Pancakes can be put in the freezer. I heat two frozen pancakes at a time in the micro for 90 seconds. Top with SF syrup, peanut butter, sliced banana, etc. 

Wendy F   I forgot one ingredient...with the cottage cheese add 1.5 Tbs. Truvia/sugar substitute.

I'm going to try these later today. I'll try adding some of the unflavored whey isolate protein I use in part of the mix to see if they cook well and taste the same later today. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Neen L.
on 9/12/12 8:20 am - Arlington, VA
Those sound great. I bet the banana gives them more than enough sweetness; I like my pancakes a little savory since I have them with fruit or jam.

I have a ricotta waffle recipe you might enjoy as well: http://neensnotes.com/2012/06/15/1324/

Long-term post-ops with regain struggles, click here to see some steps for getting back on track (without the 5-day pouch fad or liquid diet): http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/bananafish711/blog/2013/04/05/don-t-panic--believe-and-you-will-succeed-/

Always cooking at www.neensnotes.com!

Need a pick-me-up? Read this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/2009/10/it-will-be-sunny-one-day.html

Turtle Lynn
on 9/12/12 8:37 am - New Castle, DE
RNY on 05/29/12 with

Sounds great, thanks for sharing!!!!!

HW 287, GW 150,  CW 168   ** Band to RNY 05/29/12 **

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? Join us-Lightweights Board

Ladytazz
on 9/12/12 1:17 pm
This is going in my recipe file.  Let me know how it comes out with the protein powder.  I may try them using vanilla protein powder since I am out of the unflavored and can't afford to buy any more.
I make a somewhat similar recipe that someone posted here for protein muffins that I usually have with  my lunch everyday that includes oats instead of flour.  I also do not eat bread or anything with gluten, although I do not go out of my way to use gluten free oats (too expensive and the amount of gluten that may have come in contact with the oats is most likely too small to make a difference.)  There is also a very easy pancake recipe that is just eggs and cream cheese that is very tasty.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 299 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 299 views