TUFTS MEDICAL CENTER-BOSTON

cudagirl15
on 9/17/12 4:49 pm
I got my surgery done at Tufts Medical Center in Boston, MA in December. I LOVED it there. The NUT was great and so was the psyciatrist, Dr. Davidson. I just found out that EVERYBODY that worked in the office left. Some went to Brigham& Women's and I am not too sure where others went. I was there today meeting the new staff and wasnt impressed at all. They were new to working with weight loss and didnt know what they were talking about. Has anybody ever experienced this? I really need a good doctor/NUT now to talk to and to help me through this difficult time that I am having. I would love to transfer to Brighams but not sure if I can because I didnt get my surgery there. Does anyone have any advice?! 
Kelly L.
on 9/17/12 5:06 pm - San Jacinto, CA
 No advice but the same thing happened at my Hospital. I was so sad my Bari surgeon couldn't take out my gallbladder. You might ask your insurance company how to move for follow up care? Or maybe your PCP can refer you to Brighams?

HW 274. CW 129

(deactivated member)
on 9/18/12 9:47 am - MA
Your are right, the WWC at Tufts has experienced recent staff turnover. Some of our colleagues came to Tufts specifically to learn and grow in bariatrics and have now chosen to move on in their careers: go into private practice, move into a research environment or even relocate to another state for personal reasons. This is what our teaching institute/environment supports - helping educate for excellence. Let me assure you that although some clinician faces have changed, our team commitment to your lifelong health and wellness remains.  The success that you have had is due to the changes that you have made and continue to practice on a daily basis.  These will allow you to maintain your success.  Remember, we merely provided the tools (surgery) to your success, the rest is because of you.  Call me at any time so I can help you work through your decision.  L.D.  
Most Active
Recent Topics