Slider Foods?

KatMom
on 9/21/12 11:16 am
RNY on 07/24/12
So I had lunch today, a salad with grilled chicken. I didn't eat much so put it in fridge where it proceeded to wilt and get soft which is okay to me. Now I just took it out not too long ago and ate maybe a cup of it! I haven't eaten a cup of anything since before surgery! What I was wondering is,since everything, the lettuce, onion, cheese, tomato got kind of soggy and wet, would this be a slider food and is that why I could eat more of it? I did have a light dressing on it, about a tablespoon as well.

Is there a list of slider foods anyone knows of and why is a food considered a 'slider food' to begin with?...

(deactivated member)
on 9/21/12 11:44 am
Slider foods slide right through your pouch. They are anything soft. Wilty lettuce is soft. I can eat several cups of oatmeal if I let myself. I can only eat 4oz of dense protein though. Think of your pouch like a funnel. Is steak going to go through it easily, or lettuce and soft vegetables?

There's no "list" because it'd be very, very long.
wmamey
on 9/21/12 1:42 pm
RNY on 06/18/12
Not to be mean but more to point out that it sounds like you KNOW you SHOULDN'T be eating a cup of food, why would you? Just because we can eat that much doesn't mean we should. Sorry, I know I didn't answer you question about slider foods. Slider foods I view as something like pudding, cottage cheese.
Again I am not trying to be mean please don't take it that way.

PositivelyPammy
on 9/21/12 2:17 pm - CO
RNY on 07/16/12
My plan allows me to eat up to a cup a food at a meal.  I usually don't, but I can and have.

KatMom
on 9/21/12 3:03 pm
RNY on 07/24/12
I am allowed to eat up to a cup of food per meal just that I never have yet lol that is what surprised me. Usually foods are so filling and I get only 1/4 cup in. This was a nice surprise. Food I actually liked and enjoyed eating more of and that sat well.

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.  ~Friedrich Nietzsche 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?