Tummy trouble

Debbie A.
on 9/23/12 7:54 pm - Discovery Bay, CA
RNY on 08/15/12

Hi all,

Ok, I'm 6 weeks out post op...been doing great no problems until 2 days ago. Rumbling stomach, very sore like I did 100 sit ups which I did not. Also when I take a deep breath it hurts. I've tried gas-x, tums, going back to soft and pureed foods.  Feel hungry but eating makes my stomach worst. Tons of gas, no problem going to the restroom. But even water makes my stomach hurt. Any advice would be great. I am going to give the Doc a call in the am.  Didn't know if any one else had this happen.  

Thanks,

Debbie

"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says I'M POSSIBLE!!!"

"No one said it was going to be easy, but it will definitely be worth it"

BugdocMom
on 9/23/12 8:21 pm - CA
I had an ulcer at about 6 weeks out with similar symptoms, but they did not pop up suddenly and included a lot of nausea. Also, the pain was more scratchy than sore. Did your symptoms come on when you advanced your diet? It may just be that you irritated your pouch. In that case, going back to soft/pureed foods will likely fix you right up. But, I'd definitely give the surgeon a call tomorrow just to give them a heads up and find out what they want to do about it. In the meantime, how much gasX are you using. Often, folks don't use a high enough dose of the strips to be effective. If I ever have a tummy issue that concerns me, my routine is to take 3 strips and then 2 more a half hour later if I haven't gotten relief. That almost always does the trick! Hope you feel better!
Debbie A.
on 9/23/12 9:35 pm - Discovery Bay, CA
RNY on 08/15/12

Thank you for taking the time to talk to me! You have some great points.

Debbie

BugdocMom
on 9/23/12 10:56 pm - CA
No worries. The first few months can feel really scary. Heck, at 15 months out, I still get nervous when anything feels weird in my belly;) Hang in there.
Cindyagogo
on 9/24/12 5:19 am
RNY on 02/21/12
So good you are doing something ASAP and getting it checked out. I learned the hard way not to wait if anything feels off. I had different issues but waited until it was crisis and ended up in hospital. This is all new to us and was major surgery. If your program is a good one, they want you to call no matter what. My group is great that way....nothing too small to question.

Good luck!!
Debbie A.
on 9/24/12 6:28 am - Discovery Bay, CA
RNY on 08/15/12
Thanks!
Yes, my surgeons office is also great about me calling in and asking questions.
Debbie

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 491 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 553 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 541 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 254 views