On to Purees!

dizzylizzy19
on 9/30/12 5:59 am - VA
RNY on 09/17/12
Tomorrow starts my puree diet!  I am kind of excited to break out from the liquids.

But, I need some ideas on "food" and recipes. 

I'm not too sure about pureed meats and I don't eat seafood.  I'm a horribly picky eater.

Does anyone have any ideas?
(deactivated member)
on 9/30/12 7:38 am
Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, mashed beans, oatmeal or cream of wheat with some unflavored protein powder in it was all on my list. Unjury has a chicken flavor of protein and that mixed with 8oz of water and cream of chicken soup is good. The mashed beans gave me too much gas, but some people tolerate it well.

I had a hard time eating pureed meat. It was too weird. Tuna by itself was soft enough for me though.

Can't say I had a whole lot of variety beyond that. I wasn't hungry and always felt full and everything tasted different so I wasn't really eating for the pleasure of it anymore!
Allen Y.
on 9/30/12 7:43 am - Garland, TX
 I could not live with out fish, not all fish is equal, yes there is the 'fishy' stuff that you can smelll from a mile away.

If the fish is prepared correctly it does not have that stong fishey smell or flavor and it's very light on the pouch and full of protein. 

Scubamommy2
on 9/30/12 7:52 am - CA
 Hi Dizzy,when was your surgery? I had the rny last Monday, tmrw is a week! Last night I had wendy's chili (pureed) and it was heaven! It was my first real food. I added a cup of unflavored protein to it- and it made getting my protein in super easy. Good luck, and please keep in touch with me. :)

a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 9/30/12 9:41 am
RNY on 09/17/12
I can NOT do pureed meats either.  I tried chili the other day and thought I was going to hurl.  Right now I'm eating chicken salad made with canned chicken.  I just run it and and egg through the food processor so it's not "pureed" but really mushy....add some mayo, pickles(run through the processor), onion powder and whatever else you eat with it...stir and enjoy. 

Shannon
HW: 260 SW: 254 DOS:227 CW: 175   27lbs lost before surgery

Tom D.
on 9/30/12 11:23 am
So far my favorite is fat free refried beans mixed with protein powder and a little chicken broth,   I have also done chicken, not as good.  Sugar free/fat free instant pudding mixed with protein powdwer,  many people in my support group swear by 1/2 turkey chile mixed with 1/2 small curd cottage cheeses.  Ith tastes much better than is sounds.  Good luck.

Most Active
Recent Topics