Way late introduction!

Mendie Thompson
on 10/1/12 11:12 pm - TX
RNY on 09/24/12
 It just dawned on me that I just kinda jumped in here feet first without even introducing myself :/
My name is Mendie, I am a work at home (self employed) wife and mother of 5 (3 mine, 2 step).  I am a photo editor/retoucher.For those who haven't read any of my posts yet, I try to stay positive about everything...I can have a warped sense of humor, but that's pretty typical in mine AND my husbands family.

I started my journey in early August, and had my surgery Sept. 24th.  I had gotten to my highest weight of 258, and my body was starting to break down on me...physically and emotionally...I had spiraled into depression that I was afraid I'd never find my way out of.  But with the help of a very kind and concerned PCM and Zoloft, I have found my way back to smiling and laughing again.  I have realized that my emotions have heightened even more since the surgery...I hope I can maintain that.

I have a great PCM, was given an awesome surgeon and nursing staff, I appreciate every one of them...but even above them, I have the worlds greatest husband.  He is the most loving, caring, understanding, supportive person I have ever met...so all in all, I have the best support system possible.  I totally look forward to this journey...even the hard times...because I know in the end it will all be worth it.

Carmen C.
on 10/2/12 2:36 am
RNY on 08/08/12
Well hello i am 9 weeks post opt tommorrow :)

Had RNY on 8/8/2012- revision from Gastric sleeve in 12/2008-  
LOST 5.8 POUNDS POST-OPT