Blue toilet seat

Danasha O'Brien
on 10/5/12 1:15 am - Norristown, PA
RNY on 03/27/12
 Why is my toilet seat turning blue? The strangest thing has happening.  The back of my toilet seat has a blue tinge on it.  I don't know where it's comming from.  I check my clothes, hiney and family.  We wash ourselves to make sure it wasn't dye comming from our clothes but still no clue.  So I googled it and was surprised to find out that other people experienced the same thing.  They concluded that it was hormones due to pregnancy, but I'm not pregnant.  And this hasn't happen before my weight loss surgery. So I wondering is it due to the hormones being change from the weight loss surgery?  Has any weight loss patients experience this strange thing happening to them?  If so would you spread some insight on it?

Thanks
Annie_Anaba
on 10/5/12 1:54 am
RNY on 08/27/12
So far I havent noticed that, but we do exude aromas from our skin due to ketosis.Its possible that is what it is I guess. It will be interesting how the vets answer, lol.

igou65
on 9/18/17 2:52 am

I have been on a ketogenic lifestyle for 8 months. Month 3 I lost my fat in my breasts. I am 12 years post menopause and celebate, no chance of pregnancy. Sometimes happens to women about 32 weeks into pregnancy the toilet seat turns blue or purple. Estrogen is a fat stored hormone. I had very painful breasts for many years. Went down from D to a B. I believe the estrogen stored in my breasts burned first as my toilet seat has a blue tinge. Breasts are no longer sore and in a blood test estradiol has come down. Its estrogen burn for sure!

KELLY R.
on 10/5/12 2:57 am - PA
RNY on 04/04/12

Your fat cells store estrogen so as you lose weight it's most likely in your sweat.  Many ladies have mentrual issues in the first year after surgery (as if most of us didn't already), so if the pregnancy hormone thing is true it's very possible it is you!  :)

Peace & Blessings... Kelly                                             

HW 292 / CW 191 / GW 130

Lindsay J.
on 10/5/12 2:57 am, edited 10/5/12 2:57 am - Minot, ND
RNY on 09/05/12
We have had this issue several times with different toilet seats. My husband and I concluded that it usually had something to do with someone writing on the back of their hand regularly and when they reached behind to wipe it rubbed on the toilet seat.

wmamey
on 10/5/12 1:08 pm
RNY on 06/18/12
I don't believe this is any relation to your surgery. How about, what are you cleaning your toilet with? That has happened to me in the past and it was whatever I was cleaning with.

whitetigress2011
on 10/5/12 2:03 pm - CA
This now has me intrigued I am pre op , surgery in 1 week

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
SW : 372 CW: 299 1st GW : 250 2nd GW : 215 DR. GW:201My PG: 180
Anything below is a blessing from GOD

Carol M.
on 10/6/12 12:14 am - TX
Consider the quality of things made in the past 30 years...I'd bet that is more the culprit than anything with our bodies.  The finish on contractor grade things is usually painted on and clear coated with something versus those "higher end" seats that are manufactured with color all the way through the product.  Over time of use and cleaning using more chemically enhanced products the finish is probably just wearing off the original finish.  And the fact that all are blue is probably has more to due with an industry standard of material (think cheap) being used...but *****ally knows since most of those have probably come from China. 
Carol , East Texas
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 123 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 247 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views