ugh, Back in the Hospital

dizzylizzy19
on 10/7/12 4:43 am - VA
RNY on 09/17/12
I had surgery on the 17th and all was going ok.  I was still in a lot of pain - but I thought that was normal.

But as many of you know, I threw up on thursday and have been sick ever since.  Yesterday (Saturday) I came to a point where I couldn't even keep liquids or jello down.  So, I came to the ER.  Following a CT scan they found I have an intestinal blockage as well as a possible hernia.  Both unfortunately common complications.

But here I sit, they want to take the "wait and see" approach to see if I get better (I'm thinking it's not going to happen - I've been hurting like this for well over a week). 

the crappy thing is that the hospital gives me a migrane, I'm not sure why but last time I was here I got a horrible migrane on the first night.  It could be because they wake me up every hour or so to do something - vitals, meds, etc.  I understand why, but I'm obviously not sleeping well.

So here, I go... waiting and waiting.... 
Friendlybyte
on 10/7/12 4:51 am - Greeley, CO
RNY on 08/28/12
Oh my!  I am so sorry your having so much pain and complications!  I hope the doctors can get you back on the road to recovery ASAP!!  Hang in there, know we are here for you... 
        Sending you healing light and energy... 

dizzylizzy19
on 10/7/12 4:55 am - VA
RNY on 09/17/12
Honestly, I'm kind of happy to know that the pain I was having wasn't "normal"  and having a reason for it.  I didn't understand how some people were feeling so great 1-2 weeks out, and here I was at almost 3 weeks and barely able to stand. 
kcarlson0814
on 10/7/12 7:02 am - CA
RNY on 09/10/12
good luck to you.. keep us posted
HW: 300 / Lapband Low: 247 / RNY: 9/10/12          
a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 10/7/12 7:55 am
RNY on 09/17/12
I am SO glad you finally went to the hospital.  What the hell is there to "wait and see"???  I don't think itestinal blockages cure themselves and I know hernias don't.  Hope you get to feeling better soon....if they'd get off their butts and do something!!

Shannon
HW: 260 SW: 254 DOS:227 CW: 175   27lbs lost before surgery

StephWantsToSki
on 10/7/12 10:36 am - CO
RNY on 09/28/12 with
My thoughts are with you and I'm sending you all the positive ju-ju I got.  Please keep us posted.

“Seldom do well behaved women make history? 
Photography interests:  www.peculiarfocus.com
dizzylizzy19
on 10/8/12 8:38 am - VA
RNY on 09/17/12
Hello everyone.  I'm still in the hospital.  today I had a marathon Upper GI test where I had to swallow barium.  They took x-rays immediately, at 5 minutes, at 25 minutes, at 1 hour 30 minutes and 2 hours 30 minutes.  Talk about boring!  I had to wait in the x-ray room the entire time.  Turns out the barium is moving through my system - although much slower than they hoped.

I'm still having major pains on my right side and therefore still on the morphine.

BUT, the nurse just told me that I can start having sips of water.  This is a huge step because I haven't had ANYTHING by mouth since Saturday at noon.  They've been pumping me with fluids so I'm not dehydrated.

I don't know the way ahead yet, or what we are going to do.  But for the meantime I'm just hanging out in the hospital bed, begging my nurse to give me meds every couple of hours.  I'm also getting anti-nausea meds because my tummy is out of wack. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 163 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views