What I Have Learned!

seanseosamh
on 10/8/12 10:24 am

Things I have noticed in losing 60 pounds:

I took an airline flight last week without having to ask for a “seat belt extender". It was so embarrasing to ask/to admit that the seat belt would not go around!

Some of my 2X clothes are now bigger than my circumference. I pull in the waistband until it won't fall off. There's a gap, but I try to distribute the extra amount of material around my waist. Large 2X T-shirts cover a lot of problems without being embarrasingly large. T-shirts and shorts are acceptable in casual Florida.

There's no way to delicately describe the following. 6 months ago, I was having some difficulty in cleaning myself after a bowel movement. My arms were not long enough to reach. It's is NOT a problem anymore. My circumference has diminished.

I had to really struggle out of my favorite recliner chair. Now, I almost bounce out of the chair. Gee, I'm lifting 60 fewer pounds from my sitting position.

There is more room in bed. My wife and I have shared a queen-size bed over the years. She has lost 20 to 25 pounds while I've lost 60 pounds. Simply, there is just more room in the bed.

My blood pressure has decreased to the point where a doctor said to eliminate one of the medications. Total elimination did not seem to work but I am taking 25% of what I was taking 6 months ago.

My wife remains very supportive in my post-surgery efforts. She is very happy about shedding 25 unwanted pounds. I hope all this continues.

Good luck to all. Hope you are pleased with your progress!   

Calla Lily
on 10/8/12 10:32 am
RNY on 01/23/12
 Sounds like you are so happy... It's all the every day things that seem to make a huge difference! Congrats to you, and your wife!

RNY 01/23/12, HW 265, CW 115, Height 5'6"

Allen Y.
on 10/8/12 10:39 am - Garland, TX
 Wonderful news.

StephWantsToSki
on 10/8/12 10:49 am - CO
RNY on 09/28/12 with
 I bet that all feels great!  Good job!

“Seldom do well behaved women make history? 
Photography interests:  www.peculiarfocus.com
ShebasMom
on 10/8/12 11:55 am
Revision on 07/05/16
Congrats on the weight loss.  My hubby has also lost weight with me. A few years ago, we got a king size bed for more room, and now we can't believe all the room we have. Even our kitty has started to sleep with us now!

HW322 SW296 GW150 LW196 

RNY 8-29-11

Revision to Distal bypass 7-5-16

SW262 GW165 

John 3:16

(deactivated member)
on 10/8/12 2:25 pm
RNY on 08/31/12
 Congrats! It does feel good to be able to get out of the chair quickly. I'm trimming my own toe nails now too! Saves money as I had to go and get pedicures. It's really wonderful that your wife is so supportive too. Must make you feel grateful :)
Larry Wassmann
on 10/9/12 12:40 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12
Good job, it only gets better. I can do things now that I would not believe I could ever do again.

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 78 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 246 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 300 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 260 views