something stuck ?

goodbyegordita
on 10/12/12 12:21 pm - Miami, FL
I think I may have a apple stucks. I cant get it up. Please tell me what they do when they scope you ? Is it painful ? Will a ER doctor do it or do they have to call your WLS doctor?

My wls hospital is far, prefer to go to regular hospital if I have too.
Surgery date Sept 08, 2010.
Down 210 lbs since Surgery.
Follow my new blog on
http://goodbyegordita.wordpress.com/
add me on Facebook by searching
[email protected]

littleskie
on 10/13/12 1:15 am - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
When i used to get something stuck i'd eat a few papaya enzymes. you can get them from most health food stores and cvs.

Until you get some you may try sipping some warm tea. The warmth will sooth your throat, esophogus and your stomach. That is what I have been told anyway.

I don't know if an e.r. doctor can do a scope. The only time I ever had it done was once before my RNY and this past easter, cause they were looking to find out where I was bleeding internally from. They never found it. They sedated me and I don't remember a single thing and had no pain from it at all.

You may not need to go thru that tho. Try other things first.

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

Loveshinesthru
on 10/13/12 8:08 am - Mesa, AZ
 If you have something stuck, you usually burp or have foamies.  When I had my EGD, They would put in an IV, and then take you into the scope room, put you under and wake up about 30 min later. Your not supposed to drive yourself.  The worst part is the IV. 

HW: 314 SW: 297 CW:166

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 451 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 347 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?