Time to introduce myself

Brenda S.
on 10/12/12 5:56 am - FL
RNY on 04/09/13
Hello all,

My name is Brenda, and I've been lurking for a while now.  I've been doing lots of research, asking lots of question, and I've decided that bypass is the way to go for me.  My insurance is approved and now I'm just waiting for my initial consult on 12/5.  In the meantime, I hope to get in with the nutritionist and start my 3 month supervised weight loss trial. 

Question: I'm having a hysterectomy at the end of November due to uternine fibroids.  I really need this done, and I know it should be my priority.  Any idea how long surgeons make you wait between surgeries?  I know that at this point I've waited 37 years for WLS, but now I'm SO ready. 

I really look forward to getting to know you all.  You seem like a really sweet, supportive group.

Blessings,
Brenda 

BezoarGirl
on 10/12/12 10:50 am - WA
Welcome Brenda,

I am not sure on your question.  I would give each dr. the others phone # and have them discuss it. 
I would think 6 weeks at a min.  Any chance they have prev. at the same hospital?

RNY 8/29/12       5' 9" tall

Brenda S.
on 10/14/12 7:24 am - FL
RNY on 04/09/13
No, unfortunately, they work 2 different hospitals (one military, one civilian).  Great idea to let THEM discuss it!  Thanks.

Annie_Anaba
on 10/13/12 1:33 pm
RNY on 08/27/12
I had surgeries very close together as a child because of a birth defect. However, I'm certain that it depends on many factors like how much blood is lost, how the anesthesia effected you, how your incisions are healing....etc. I can tell you that I had a hysterectomy in 2006 and it took about 3 months to get back 100%. RNY surgery effected me very differently than that surgery in that it was way more painful and of course I was nauseated for weeks. The 2 surgeries together may be too much for you. I would speak with your surgeon and do as they instruct you since they see the effects all the time. Idk if your ins is like mine but I had the nutrition classes and I had 6 months to have the surgery or I had to redo the classes. Ask a lot of questions at your consult. Maybe they can do both at one time....?????

Brenda S.
on 10/14/12 7:28 am - FL
RNY on 04/09/13
Thanks for your reply.  I've had 3 c-sections, so I'm pretty sure I know what to expect for the hysterectomy.  I tend to bounce back pretty quickly and I have a high pain tolerance, so hopefully that will help.  I do have to do a supervised weight loss trial for 3 months, but I hope to start that before my consult since I can't get in to see the surgeon until Dec. 5.  They can't do both at the same time (I wish they could!) but one is a gyn @ a military hospital and the bariatric surgeon is a civilian.  I will definitely be asking lots of questions at the consult.  Thanks! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 252 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 267 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views