Best Coffee flavored protein drink

dizzylizzy19
on 10/21/12 11:50 pm - VA
RNY on 09/17/12
Good morning.  I'm 5 weeks out (yeah!).  I've had a bit of a stall in the last week (only 1lb lost in week 4 - sad Lizzy).

I've been drinking the Atkins Advantage Cafe Caramel protein drink in the morning.  It's very good - but dang, it can be expensive ($6ish for 4 drinks) and there is 9 grams of fat for only 15 grams of protein. 

So,  I'm looking for a GOOD coffee-type protein drink.  I'm not a fan of plain coffee, but I LOVE a good latte (I drink a sugar free, fat free Starbucks latte every Sat/Sun morning). 

Does anyone have any reccomendations for a coffee-type protein drink?  I'm looking for something more latte-ish, and I have no issues adding a sugar free syrup. 
jamiebrain
on 10/22/12 12:07 am - Epping, NH
RNY on 08/14/12
I am currently in love with Click Vanilla Latte.  You can find it on Amazon.  It tastes a lot like something I would get at Starbucks.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

jamiebrain on myfitnesspal.  :)  look me up.  :) :)

dizzylizzy19
on 10/22/12 12:10 am - VA
RNY on 09/17/12
Really?  That's what I was originally looking at, but i wanted to double check!
Cleopatra_Nik
on 10/22/12 12:28 am - Baltimore, MD
You are very early out though, so if you aren't allowed caffeine yet, Click wouldn't be the best choice.

They have decaf mocha but not vanilla yet. I think nearly all coffee proteins are caffeinated. But if your nutritionist/surgeon approves, I like:

-for a regular iced coffee in a glass: Chike Protein Iced Coffee
-for hot protein coffee: Click
-for a Frappucino style deal: Fit Frappe

You can Google all three and check them out! When I had my surgery nearly five years ago there was, like, one coffee protein. Love that I now have choices.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

dizzylizzy19
on 10/22/12 12:32 am - VA
RNY on 09/17/12
Thanks Nik.  I have been trying to avoid caffine!  But I'll look into these.
wmamey
on 10/22/12 1:34 am
RNY on 06/18/12
On October 22, 2012 at 6:50 AM Pacific Time, dizzylizzy19 wrote:
Good morning.  I'm 5 weeks out (yeah!).  I've had a bit of a stall in the last week (only 1lb lost in week 4 - sad Lizzy).

I've been drinking the Atkins Advantage Cafe Caramel protein drink in the morning.  It's very good - but dang, it can be expensive ($6ish for 4 drinks) and there is 9 grams of fat for only 15 grams of protein. 

So,  I'm looking for a GOOD coffee-type protein drink.  I'm not a fan of plain coffee, but I LOVE a good latte (I drink a sugar free, fat free Starbucks latte every Sat/Sun morning). 

Does anyone have any reccomendations for a coffee-type protein drink?  I'm looking for something more latte-ish, and I have no issues adding a sugar free syrup. 
I use the Click Vanilla and the Mocha, I actually have the regular and the decaf - can't tell the difference either! I usually add some brewed coffee to it though. I do like 2 ounces of brewed coffee, 2 ounces unsweetened almond milk and 6 ounces of water, and 3-4 ice cubes in the blender with whatever syrup I am in the mood for. Sometimes I will do some banana in the Mocha or peanut butter, very yummy that way too! I can usually get away with adding my unflavored fiber to this as well without changing the flavor.

Adrianne_Dawn
on 10/22/12 2:19 am - WA
RNY on 05/21/12
You are pretty early out I'd steer clear of protein drinks that are only going to bring in 15 grams of carbs. I make a rule that I don't drink any drink less then 30 grams - it's just not worth it.  Specially when you are newly drinking and getting adjusted to everything.

Also careful with Caffeine it can upset your pouch in the beginning if you have it to often.  I didn't add it in until about 3.5 months out and then sparingly.  If I have it to often my acid reflux will act up.

I will often use Premier Protein (Premade at costco) and mix either the chocolate or vanilla in some coffee and or make it iced. Not to sweet and tastes pretty good. :) 

:) Congrats on joining the losing bench!

dizzylizzy19
on 10/22/12 2:27 am - VA
RNY on 09/17/12
Wow?!? 30 grams?  I don't even know anything that has 30 grams of protein!  Even my protein powders (syntrax nectar) don't have 30 grams!

What are you using?

I'm doing ok getting 60ish grams of protein but more is difficult. 

I've actually done ok with caffine.  On accident I've gotten full power Starbucks lattes instead of asking for the decaf and no adverse affects.   But I'm not a huge coffee drinker so one and I'm done.

But I have to say, liquids have not been a problem for me at all!  I'm able to drink almost like I used to (with the exception of big gulps)
Adrianne_Dawn
on 10/22/12 3:05 am - WA
RNY on 05/21/12
Haha well If I'm drinking powder I do 2 scoops of protein powder and use milk in a big blender bottle so I'm getting 50 grams of protein from the powder and an additional 16-24grams of protein from my milk. (1 cup 1% milk is 8g protein) to make a total of 66-74 grams in one drink.  It does take me a while to drink it depending.

I also buy Premier protein pre-made drinks (See below in the ads) it's sold at SAMS for Costco and I like the chocolate the best but vanilla is ok to mix into things. (like coffee) haha

I've also tried the ISOPURE fruity drinks they are 40g for one bottle.  I reccommend them ice cold and they have a strange after taste. hahaha But aren't overly bad.

I like the best bang for my buck....hahahaha and my doctor wants me to drink 80g of protein not counting what i'm getting from food.......food's additional. hahaha

dizzylizzy19
on 10/22/12 3:16 am - VA
RNY on 09/17/12
ahh ok.  I can't stand the taste of most proteins so I'm lucky if I can go one scoop.  But my goal is 60!
Most Active
Recent Topics