25 pounds away from losing 200 and need advice, please!

shirleyfhoffman
on 10/27/12 5:38 pm - CA
I tell everyone that I'm rock hard under all this skin. They laugh at me, but I'm serious. I do 12 fitness classes a week ( 4 bodypump, 2 strength & tone, 2 zumba, 2 spinning, 1 kickboxing, and 1 yoga), 2-3 hours of heavy weights a week, and I'm training for my first 5K 3 days a week. But no one can tell because I look like freaking Clay Face from the Batman cartoons! I have so much skin on my butt and back that when I try to do some of the moves in class (like the ones where you sit on your butt and pick your legs up to work your abs) my skin pops out to the side and my buttcrack rips! Also, I always have sores and rashes in my skin folds AND my bellybutton gets stuck shut! I HATE IT!!! But, I'm still at 165. I want to get down to 140 before I start having my plastic surgeries. I want to be in a healthy weight range for my height when I'm done. I'm not losing any more weight though and I don't know what to do. I get between 1,100-1,400 calories a day and I am burning 1,500-2,500 calories a day (on top of what we burn just from being alive). I always get around 100-120g of protein a day and a minimum of 96oz. of water. I won't stop until I hit goal and I won't regain, but what else can I do to hit goal?

HW:340 SW: 292 CW:164 GW: 140-130

daphneb
on 10/27/12 6:34 pm - AK

I've been told that if you do the same type of exercises all the time (even though you have a variety, it's the same variety) that you need to change it up so your body/muscles don't get used to it.  Plus, I think the amount you are exercising  is proof that it won't firm up the residual skin that is left over.  I would maybe scale down the exercise, change the type of exercise and re-adjust what you're eating too (if you eat the same things every day, your body will get used to it too and not let you lose).  I think change-ups on both your exercise and your diet may help you shed those last pounds.  

Or, so I've read... Good luck!!!

walterswife
on 10/27/12 6:39 pm
I am wondering if you are consuming enough calories to lose. Also remember you could lose a considerable amount of weight with the removal of the excess skin. You might have 20 or 25 or more lbs of it from how you describe it.

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

Larry Wassmann
on 10/27/12 11:44 pm - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12

Well you may be building a lot of muscle while you are working out. Muscle weighs more than fat so the scale may reflect that fact. Your body may be shrinking and you will get more skin that way, but really you are getting smaller. I know people are saying to up your calorie count that may cause you to lose. But take it from me, I think that is an old wives tale. FOR ME in 45 years of losing 100 to 200 pounds at a time, that has NEVER worked FOR ME. I am only 6 months out, and eat now 900 calories a day. I was until recently at 500 calories a day. I really think if you want to get over a little hump you should CUT the calories down for a week or two and see what happens, and then slowly go back up to your normal intake just to see what happens. If you measure and weigh and log your food you can go back to see what it did. Just a suggestion.

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

AlohaJen
on 10/28/12 12:20 am
RNY on 09/05/12

Hi Shirley, I am only 7 weeks post-op, so I can't help you with the diet advice, but I can say Congrats on your extreme weight loss!  There is one thing that I can suggest.... I had a C/Section years ago and my stomach was never the same and kinda hangs down a little.  I am from the South and with the heat and humidity, I always got a heat rash in that area.  Recently I discovered something with a funny name, but works wonderfully!  It's called "Lady Monkey Butt Powder" and I found it in WALMART, in the toiletries area, by the all the baby powders etc. It is in a bright pink bottle  & it works so good!  I use it in the skin fold area and under the breasts too...  I had tried everything under the sun and never had anything that would help and not stain my clothing... this powder is so great... I can't seem to stop telling people about it, LOL..   GOOGLE it and it has it's own website...  I was so scared they would stop carrying it at Walmart, so I ordered a box of 6 of them on their website.  Hope this helps!

HW 304   SW 258  CW 199  GW  160?

Dcsavvy
on 10/28/12 12:49 am
RNY on 07/19/12

Hi Shirley,

Thanks for sharing this product information.  It sounds like something that I'd like to try.  I see they sell it on Amazon.  Do you use the one with or without cornstarch?

Height: 5'3"; HW 298; SW 279.5; CW 186 GW 160

~  Deb

Laura in Texas
on 10/28/12 12:35 am, edited 10/28/12 12:36 am

You're 19 months out and only 25 pounds from goal. Your loss will normally slow way down at this point. Keep doing what you're supposed to do and you will be fine. Wear support garments to help with the jiggly skin while exercising. I wear Wal Mart's "Sweet Nothings" capri leggings and they hold my lower half in place nicely. I think your calories are fine. Some people maintain on 1400 calories a day.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Scaura
on 10/28/12 1:04 am - Fort Collins, CO

I have no brilliant insight, but I do know when my calories are as low as yours, I stall.  When I up them for a few days, I drop.  It is hard for my head to manage because it is like being rewarded for eating more.  I do it for a few days and then back to more restriction.  Works every time I mix it up.  I am terrible with the exercise however.  You have inspired me!

Laura
HW: 311  SW:264 (size 24)  CW: 174 (size 14)  Surgeon's Goal: 176 My GW: 149
Weight Loss Month 1: 20 pounds!  Weight Loss Month 2: 17 pounds!
Weight Loss Month 3: 12 pounds!  Weight Loss Month 4: 10 pounds!

Weight Loss Month 5: 12 pounds!  Weight Loss Month 6: 6 pounds!

Weight Loss Month 7: 6 pounds!   Weight Loss Month 8:

25 pound to my goal!

Ladytazz
on 10/28/12 3:11 am
Have you had you body fat percentage measured? You may not have much fat left to lose. It may all mainly be excess skin.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Megan K.
on 10/28/12 3:36 am
RNY on 02/18/13

I was thinking the same thing as Ladytazz, your lean muscle mass may prevent you from seeing that magic number until you loose the excess skin..  I wish you the best of luck.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 467 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views