Drain tube

Astro1
on 10/22/12 11:54 am
 No drain and no staples, just glue.  Call and ask them tomorrow if they use drains or not.  Jane
JanBooth
on 10/22/12 12:20 pm - KY
RNY on 09/25/12
I had a drain with my RNY.  It was kinda long, the nurse removed it the second day, after she removed the urinary catheter.  I would suggest that you ask for a pain medication prior to the removal, just to be sure that it doesn't hurt.  I'm a HUGE baby with pain, so it was uncomfortable for me.  Not anything excruciating...just not something I'd choose to do again! :) 
Janet
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss~

Mendie Thompson
on 10/22/12 12:33 pm - TX
RNY on 09/24/12
 I didn't have a drain at all.  Like said above, call and ask if they even use them.  They may only use it under certain cir****tances.

Knowknews
on 10/24/12 1:10 pm - OH

A little off subject:  My best friend had cancer surgery and later reconstruction.  I went with her to the doc for the second one and for a while was her caregiver.  He showed me how and told me to take them out here at home when the time came and drainage was down to a certain amount.  We live in Ohio and she had it done at CTCA in Chicago.  She said the ones I took out didn't hurt but she could feel them coming out.  My surgeon told me there would be a drain tube and that they would take it out on my one week checkup.

RNY 10/29/12   HW:  295   SW: 273    DGW: 170   MGW: 145

Most Active
Recent Topics