Thank Goodness

stephkaz
on 10/24/12 6:50 am - IL
 My husband had surgery on his poor cervical spine last night and he is home already!  I am so happy to have him home.  THe cats missed him terribly and  I have been running myself ragged.  I have lost almost 10 lbs this week due to all the stress and not eating.  My hair started falling out this morning.  Not terribly bad, but enough to notice.  I am happy all of this is over now so I can go back to my life again.  WE had no RNY friendly food left in the house. I had to depend on the hospital cafeteria for my food. Eggs and turkey sausage in the morning, lite microwave popcorn and cottage cheese for lunch and salad bar for dinner (cottage cheese, ham, hard boiled egg and such) with a little fat free ranch dressing. I tried to be good.  The good thing is everything but the salad bar had nutrition stats with it so I was able to decide by looking what was better protein, carb and fat wise. That hospital really strives to be good with Bariatric surgery folks. The only thing I had an issue with was when I dumped from the egg salad. Tried to drink a lot of water and decaf coffee with milk. Also relied on wake up wraps from DD which is a little high in fat but still 10 grams of protein and my pouch was ok with it.  
I have kept my sweet and salty cravings in check but I decided to have a diet pop yesterday. I got it from the machine in the cafeteria in a  12 oz cup loaded with ice.  I drank slowly and burped as I went and it was ok.  It satisfied something inside me.  Pop was never a trigger for me.  It was only at my last 6 months before getting RNY that I drank a lot of it, due to the amount of time we spent in bars. I think the next time I have a pop will be at my husband's Christmas party in December.  One pop as a treat while we are there.  It will be at a swanky hotel in my new sexy dress and we are spending the night as a getaway.  So nice!  
I took a pregnancy test yesterday morning and it was negative.  Maybe it is still too early.  I am going to the OB/GYN on Friday morning so having them check. I am late now, and my pelvic area hurts terribly. 
You, I've mistaken for destiny, but the truth is my legacy is not up to my genes...

karenp8
on 10/24/12 7:12 am - Brighton, IL
 Glad to hear that your husband is home now. Hopefully now your life can get back to normal! Thanks for the update.
Annie_Anaba
on 10/24/12 10:40 am
RNY on 08/27/12
It's always better at home isnt it? So happy to hear your hubby is on the mend and you can get back to the all important routine. Good luck to you both.

Most Active
Recent Topics