My surgeon's office is driving me insane!!

Lori F.
on 10/23/12 10:45 pm - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12
I have been approved for so long now and they still won't schedule me.  First it was I have to do the sleep study, then wait for the final report.  Now I have to wait for the second study and the second report.  I am so sick of waiting to just get scheduled it is ridiculous.  I don't understand the point of waiting to schedule me at this point.  I was really hoping to be done before the holidays, but it just isn't looking good with all this waiting.  And I am so not good at waiting  lol 
angeleigh
on 10/23/12 11:13 pm - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12
I had to do all my test and studies before they even submitted the paperwork to my insurance. So i did 7 months of stuff before i even knew if our insurance was going to pay for  the surgery. But nice thing was that by time i got to my surgery day i had already paid most all of my out of pocket for the year.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

(deactivated member)
on 10/23/12 11:26 pm
I know how you feel about the waiting! I didn't get a surgery date until almost 3 months after I was approved and I had already done all of my testing. I just was not getting lucky with scheduling dates for things. Both surgeons were on vacation, then they had trauma training, then something else, and on, and on. It was so frustrating but all of the waiting is worth it whenever you get the surgery date. It will happen for you too!
Jeffboutwell77
on 10/23/12 11:37 pm - San Antonio, TX
RNY on 09/18/12
 hang in there it is worth the wait and the weight (loss) that is. No pun intended. When you get there you will first ask yourself, "why did I do this to myself?", but then when you get to that sweet spot in your weight loss and feel better in your body you will know that it is all worth it.

You are so going to rock this surgery and show your surgeons office that you are a fighter and not a waiter at some cheesy bariatric clinic in canada. And if you are from Canada I apologise for that statement. 

stilll keep your chin up and don't let this thing irritate you. just stay positive on all the good things it will bring you... and know that we are here to support you...

LIFE IS HARD, BUT GIVING UP HAS NO REWARDS!!!

Lori F.
on 10/24/12 2:49 am - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12
 Thanks guys - it is great to know I am not alone in this.  Especially when waiting has never been my strong-suit.  lol  At least it is the holiday season which does seem to fly by anyway.