Two week post op appointment

Trish C.
on 10/24/12 10:40 am - Waynesburg, PA
RNY on 10/11/12
Today was my two week post op appointment. I have officially lost 17.5 pounds since the day of surgery.  Everything is really going great! Had a scare with pain under my right breastbone, but they chalked it up to post surgery pain because each day I feel better. Otherwise, I have had a pretty uneventful recovery.

Now, I moved onto soft foods on Monday. I made a hard boiled egg and cut half an ounce of cheese. I ended up cutting my egg in half and only eating half of it and my cheese. Well, let me tell you, I was sicker then a dog! Next day I thought it was maybe the yolk, so I only ate half the egg white. Well guess what....eggs are not welcome in my pouch! Oh how sick I was for hours. On the plus side, everything else has been easy to go down. Yay!

I have lost 65 pounds since March and I am starting to feel it in my tailbone, hips when I sleep and my shoulders when I lay down. Hoping that doesn't last forever!

I'm looking forward to the rest of my life and continuing to eat heathly and be happy! Thanks for all the help I have received on here. And to those who are waiting surgery, it may be difficult at first, but stick with it, because you are worth it! 

HW 365   SW 317

Robin R.
on 10/24/12 10:43 am - PA
RNY on 10/12/12
congrats on your success and keep up the great work!!  i get such a warm fuzzy feeling inside when i read success stories and see before/after pics..... again, CONGRATS :)

a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 10/24/12 1:02 pm
RNY on 09/17/12
Well, you're over the 2wk hump!  To me, those first 2wks have been the hardest so far.  I'm 5wks out and it's easier everyday.  Funny, you talk about your tailbone and hips hurting.  For me, it's my knees when I lay on my side.  The hit each other weird lol. 

Congrats on your loss so far!!

Shannon
HW: 260 SW: 254 DOS:227 CW: 175   27lbs lost before surgery

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 458 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views