NSV-ish

NEPoppy
on 10/26/12 9:23 am - Hastings, NE

I went clothes shopping today after work...... and BOY did I get deja vu!!!!!!

I went into two stores (that I won't mention the name of because I have always liked their clothes and would have liked to have bought something there) and as I was shopping, I asked the clerk if they had my size (size 6). She looked at me like I had lost my mind and she said they only carry size 8 and up I would have to try one of the other stores.

GRRRRRR it was like this last time I was shopping at a mall too!!! Except in the POLAR OPPOSITE DIRECTION--- no stores carried sizes big enough for me.

SOOOO I trucked it down to those stores I hated walking by six months ago and sure enough....there was my size. BUT, I had this nagging feeling that as I was looking at the clothes, someone was going to walk up and ask me what a fat chick was doing in THEIR store. It really made me kind of uncomfortable. I don't know if it is a certain type of body dysmorphia that causes me to still think I am a "big girl" even though I know what size I am and how far I have come, but every time I look at clothes, I think I can't possibly fit into size 6 jeans and size small shirts..............

So NSV that I went shopping (and actually bought something) but not on the crappy feeling I am toting around now because of it.

Poppy

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/12 9:42 am

I have read it can take time for the mind to catch up with the body.  I wasn't always heavy so I love the fact on how I look and buying smaller clothes.  I look in the mirror and go, *****en!  That is a word from a different time and place because I am from a different time and place!  Great that you are in a size 6!!!! Woo-hoo!  Jane