Extreme fatigue

sharoncarrie
on 11/2/12 9:04 am - Garland, TX

I'm 3 1/2 weeks out & I've never been so fatigued in all my life. It is all I can do to drag myself out of the bed. I have no energy at all. It is being to get me depressed. Not sleepy just fatigued. Any advice?

poet_kelly
on 11/2/12 9:17 am - OH

Are you getting enough fluids and protein?  Taking your iron?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

sharoncarrie
on 11/2/12 9:26 am - Garland, TX

No, I'm not getting anywhere near the amount of fluids & liquids I am suppose to have. I'm trying but I feel so sick to my stomach when I drink or eat anything. I don't know about my iron level.

JanBooth
on 11/2/12 9:56 am - KY
RNY on 09/25/12

Did your surgeon not give you anything for nausea?  I was sent home with pain meds and med for nausea.  It truly helped me through the first few days of forcing fluids.  If you don't get enough fluids, you will be fatigued from dehydration.  I was dehydrated early on and it wasn't fun.  The day I went to the MD, I felt the extreme fatigue that you describe.  Don't let it go...see if you can get something to help with the nausea, so that you can drink. 
Janet

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss~

poet_kelly
on 11/2/12 11:04 am - OH

Well, that's why your so fatigued.  You're dehydrated and not getting enough protein.  You'll continue to have no energy, and may begin to develop other symptoms like dizziness and muscle weakness, until you start getting your fluids and protein in.

If nausea is making it hard to drink, call your surgeon and ask for something for nausea.  But dehydration and lack of protein will also cause nausea, so just upping your fluids and protein may help.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Silverbelle69
on 11/2/12 7:55 pm - Midlothian, VA
RNY on 06/05/12

I had the same problem!  As I was able to increase fluids and protein (over the course of a couple months) the tiredness went away.  It gets better!

Most Active
Recent Topics