oldie but back need advice

jrichardson16
on 11/4/12 2:00 am - Lafayette, IN

I had weight loss surgery on 6/4/08 and have been on this website before.  I am definately having trouble as I started a new job 3 months ago and I have gained 15 lbs back.  I am snacking on the wrong stuff and eating the wrong stuff and overeating.  I eat when I am sad,mad,glad,worried,stressed etc.  Just like before.  Please give me some hints to get back on track and lose the last remaining 40 lbs that i need to lose.  I am scheduled to see a Dietician on 11/17/12 so i have taken that step already.  Thanks for the advice in advance.

jrichardson16

poet_kelly
on 11/4/12 4:31 am - OH

Get the wrong stuff out of the house and stock up on stuff that is OK to snack on.  I like things like raw veggies cut up and grapes for snacking.  You can eat a lot of them if you want and still not get many calories.

Try increasing your fluids, too.  If you don't drink and eat at the same time, sipping on a drink is a good way to avoid snacking.

And find other ways to deal with those feelings!  What else could you do beside eat when you're sad?  when you're mad?  When you're stressed?  Make lists of things you could do.  Seriously.  I find it too hard sometimes to think of what to do when I'm really upset or anxious or whatever.  If I have a list and it's in a place I can get to it easily, it's much easier to just pick something off my list and do that.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jrichardson16
on 11/4/12 7:24 pm - Lafayette, IN

Thank you for all the great ideas.  I am seriously going to try and get back on track today.  I told my husband we are going to start exercising together tonight with Walk away the pounds.  He said he was up for it.  I hope I am! LOL!

Most Active
Recent Topics