6 Months Out

K B.
on 11/4/12 10:20 pm
RNY on 04/30/12

Hey everyone,

I am six months out from my surgery, which was April 30th! I am down 66 pounds and feeling great. The scale has taken a stall, but I am trying not to get myself worked up about it! I go for my labs next week and my follow up with the surgeon on the 13th. I am in the process of training for my 1st half marathon. I am 2 weeks down and 14 to go! I am super excited and feel that the training is going well. I ran in a 5k (3.1 miles) this past weekend and finished in 34:50. I was happy with my time and going to try and PR my next race, which is Thanksgiving morning. 

I am wondering what people are normally eating at 6 months out. I am getting a bit bored with what I have been doing and would love to switch it up a bit! Also, I would love to see the scale move soon :)

Thanks for any advice/help!

Silverbelle69
on 11/4/12 10:53 pm - Midlothian, VA
RNY on 06/05/12

Feel free to look at my food diary on myfitnesspal.com.  I am silverbelle69

Hollie313
on 11/5/12 1:54 am - MI
RNY on 05/09/12

Congratulations! 

I'm a couple days from my 6 months and I totally understand the "getting bored" with food feeling.  I tend to be one who will eat the same thing day after day because I know the nutritional values and what will keep me within my caloric/protein goals.  This past weekend, I tried to venture out on my cooking.  I found some good recipes on the following websites:

www.crockingirls.com

www.chefwoody.com

I've also been eating the Oscar Mayer Carving Board meats.  They are in the lunch meat section.  The roast beef is better than I could have imagined!  They also have ham & turkey.  They are right off the bone.  I eat them by themselves because I don't have to cook & they are high in protein.  Double win!

And, as always, bariatric foodie and eggface have amazing recipes.  My mom (who is a whopping 120 without WLS) LOVES Nik's recipes.  She's been sharing them with her coworkers at the hospital....lol.

Hope this helps!

Surgery: 5/9/12              HW: 302           SW:  287.6        CW:  158

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 440 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 395 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 432 views
Recent Topics