Lots of NSVs (for new post-ops)

longhornrose
on 11/7/12 12:43 pm - South Texas
RNY on 09/13/12

Hi, Kim ~

Congratulations on taking this positive step in your life!  Although I can't predict how your surgery will go or the progress you'll make afterwards, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the outcome of both.  I certainly was.  Like you, I was worried that I might not lose weight at all, but I'm seeing now that just isn't possible, especially if you follow your doctor's plan religiously. 

The first few days, or maybe even weeks, might be a little tough, but try not to get discouraged.  Give yourself time to heal and adjust to this new way of life.  I really appreciated what my surgeon told me at my first checkup.  He said that this is a learning process, and that I'm going to make mistakes along the way.  And I have.  I'm still not getting in all my protein, not getting enough fluids, but I'm seeing that things are getting better.  I'm learning how to eat - very, very slowly! - and enjoying the fact that food no longer holds the appeal for me that it did before surgery.

By the way, my surgery date was 9/13, so you're going in exactly two months after I did!  Hopefully, since things went very well for me, they'll go just as well for you!

Looking forward to hearing from you when you feel up to it! 

Beth   

Consult WT: 312   SW274   CW: 244

KimKinVA
on 11/8/12 11:07 am
RNY on 11/13/12 with

Beth, thank you for your encouragement and sharing your experience. It is helpful for me to read. I'm glad that your surgery went well. I hope mine does too. Thanks again!  -Kim 

daphneb
on 11/7/12 3:34 pm - AK

No more blood pressure bills

No more swollen feet

No more puffy face

I can do house chores for hours and not have to sit down every few minutes

I can climb stairs easily

I can cross my legs

And I'm not even at my halfway point to lose all my weight, my goodness imagine what it'll be like when I hit goal?!  This does feel great, thanks for the fun post:)