Puree Diet

Victoria A.
on 11/10/12 8:47 am - MI
RNY on 10/29/12

I was looking at my bariatric binder that tells what stage of diet to move on to, and at what day. On Tuesday I should be moving to stage III, puree. They gave me a sample diet of 1/2 cup of cream of wheat, and at dinner a 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes with 1/2 cup of meat (baby food). There is no way I will be able to eat that much in one sitting. They want me to get 70% of my protein from my food and not protein drinks! I think that is alot of food to expect me to eat! Do you agree? 

poet_kelly
on 11/10/12 8:56 am - OH

Yeah, that is a LOT of food.  I think most surgeons say something like 1/4 cup or maybe 1/2 cup total at one time, but a whole cup at dinner is too much.  If you eat 1/2 cup pureed meat, skip the mashed potatoes.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Jamie-Sue30
on 11/10/12 9:14 am
RNY on 10/24/12

I am lucky if I get down 1/4 of a cup of anything right now! I have a protein packed shake in the morning for breakfast that has more then half of my protein intake for the day and then I work on food the rest of the day. That seems like way too much food now, you'd make yourself sick!

Annie_Anaba
on 11/10/12 10:53 am
RNY on 08/27/12

At first when we start the food it is hard to eat 1/4 cup. I know I tried to eat a whole egg the first time and I thought I would die. Eat what you can of the protein and it will get easier. Your pouch will get used to the dense protein in about 2 weeks or at least it took that long for me. We are all different as you know and you  may not take that long. Good luck.

Most Active
Recent Topics