Who do I think I'm fooling?

jamiebrain
on 11/12/12 10:25 am - Epping, NH
RNY on 08/14/12

NO ONE.  

And I'm not trying to!

There's a cranky, overweight, miserable woman at my office who has been overheard in the past making comments about my weight gain.  She's constantly on Jenny Craig and Nutrasystem and yet never seems to change sizes.  Hey, whatever, who am I to judge?  But she's just a nasty human being - mean as a snake, really.  Our nickname for her at work is Cruella. 

The response to my post-surgery weight loss has been overwhelmingly positive.  I'm not carrying around a big sign that screams "I HAD RNY GASTRIC BYPASS" but I'm making no secret of it either - if someone asks me I tell them.  Well Cruella has not inquired.  I've just caught her giving me the once over up & down more than once with a sneer on her miserable mug.  So the other day a good friend of mine at work tells me that Cruella said to her, "I don't know who Jamie thinks she's fooling."  My friend responded to her, why, what do you mean?  (Knowing darn well what she meant, of course.)  Cruella then rolled her eyes and said, "You know exactly what I mean, never mind."

I find this kind of funny, because I have no fantasies that anyone is not absolutely already sure what I did, whether I've told them or not.  I mean, I've lost 50+ pounds in 3 months.  Duh.  I find it funny that Cruella made the snide comment to someone that it's no secret I'm friends with.

I find it a bit sad because it seems like the only slightly negative responses I've received have been from the "big girls" I know.  Like we can't be happy for each other?

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

jamiebrain on myfitnesspal.  :)  look me up.  :) :)

jamiecambul
on 11/12/12 10:37 am - IL
RNY on 07/30/12

This is sad, but I'm not surprised. My best friend still wont even speak to me about my RNY and I am 4 months out. Her and I have always gained weight/lost weight together. I think it's pathetic when someone is so miserable with herself that she can't be happy for you. I don't understand because even at my heaviest I was always happy for someone if the could better themselves.

Annie_Anaba
on 11/12/12 10:56 am
RNY on 08/27/12

For some reason that green monster rears its ugly head when others accomplish what we are unable to do ourselves. Keep up the good work and try to ignore her....or better yet go to her and expain it. Maybe she can benefit from your story and you could make a friend.

Pittsteelers
on 11/12/12 11:33 am - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
My sister in law won't compliment me at all. We were both always big and went shopping together. Well now she goes on her own, won't ask me to go with her. And like tonight we were together and somebody asked me about my surgery and she left the room as i talked about it. Just pure jealousy. And I'm ok with her being jealous of me

Kiny28
on 11/12/12 1:26 pm - Homestead, FL

LOL, I love it!! It's so sad that people can't be happy for you and if they have a weight problem do what we have all done and get some help!! I can't wait until you drop 50 more and this will really make her upset.

Dee.spunk
on 11/12/12 3:14 pm - Sacramento, CA
That's to bad she's like that.
I'm so glad that hasn't happened to me. I was half expecting someone to be that way from what I read from others. But so far, I haven't had not one negative response.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

ChristineB
on 11/12/12 6:51 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

The Green Eyed Monster is revisiting Cruella's mind over and over. In fact it might have taken up permanent residency in her brain.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/12 1:42 am

I can't help but laugh at this!   Poor Cruella, she is I am sure a miserable person whether she weighs 100 pounds or 300 pounds.  We all know people like her.  For people like her, it makes them insane to see anything good in life.  Jane

julienne
on 11/12/12 7:48 pm - GA
RNY on 10/22/12
Cruella can suck it. There. I said it.

Of course, I've also explained my weight loss by telling everyone I manage to do just enough meth to make me skinny, but not so much it ruins my skin or my teeth fall out.

MultiMom
on 11/12/12 9:01 pm - NH

I LOVE your way with words Julienne!!! 

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?