Tired but NOT hungry????

BamaBelleAmy70
on 11/17/12 11:25 am
RNY on 10/24/12

Hi Y'all!

I have two quick questions for everyone. I am 3 weeks and 3 days post op. I am tired ALL the time and have NO energy. I keep thinking it will get better but it hasn't I still haven't driven since before the surgery. I sleep pretty well at night and can get pretty comfortable but I am still SO sore mainly because of an incision that became infected from the internal stitches. The surgeon had to dig them out last week. It hurt like ****!! I just also completed 10 days of antibiotics! I am also NEVER hungry. I have to make myself eat because I know you have to eat to lose weight but I hate it. I never thought those words would come from me. 

First question....Are you tired all the time too and what did you do to get yourself moving? I take my vitamins religiously and try to walk or do wii Fit.

Next question... Are you just not hungry? I have a hard time making myself eat and drink. Protein shakes make me want to throw up and I know I can't eat enough to get my protein. I don't like to drink all the time either. I have never been one to sip ALL the time. DANG......THIS IS SO HARD. How did you work through this. ALSO...I guess I am afraid that if I start eating food the weight won't come off! :(

I would appreciate any advice and or share your personal experiences.

Thanks everyone!

Amy :)

Bellaluna468
on 11/17/12 11:37 am, edited 11/17/12 11:37 am
RNY on 10/26/12

You must force yourself to get all your protein and fluids!   That could be contributing to your energy issues.  Your body is still healing.  I had surgery on 10/26 and I get tired too..we went through a lot.

Try the Unjury Chicken soup, I love it and it's not sweet.  You get plenty protein and its something savory.

I'm not too hungry.  I force myself also.  I try new things each day, but it feels strange to eat also.

Candy V.
on 11/17/12 11:43 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

I think both problems you are having are very common.  I was tired all the time until last week, which would have been 2 months post op.  I read about people that have gone back to work after a week or ten day and I could never have done that.  I took two weeks off completely then did part time for 6 more weeks.  I just went back full time last week and took a nap in my car on Tuesday at lunch time.  Your infection is also going to tire you so listen to your body and dont push yourself until you recover.  Walking was all my surgeon recommended until 6 weeks post op.

I am not physically hungry very often even now.  Most of my "hunger" is head hunger and that is a problem.   Try to find a protein powder that you can tolerate even if you dont Like it and at least tolerate it. Try it real cold, that is how I like it best.  Sip sip sip.   I have a terrible time getting my protein, water and vitamins in each day.  One day at a time work your plan.

Contrary to what we think you must eat to continue to lose weight.  This past week when I was working full time and not eating as often or drinking as often was the first week that I lost NO weight at all. 

You will do fine, best wishes

Candy

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Erins-mommy
on 11/17/12 1:32 pm
RNY on 09/26/12

I had the same problem. I ordered chewable iron supplements and voila! tiredness gone. I did that at about 4 weeks. Changed my life and energy level.

scarlettbegonias
on 11/17/12 3:31 pm - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12

I'm just over 4 weeks and having the same problems- I really didn't get it before surgery when people said their protein powders made them gag- I get it now!! I've been making mine up with minimal almond milk and basically doing it in three shots or with a truckload of sf syrup and even then I can still "smell" the protein, I'm hitting my protein to at least 80 most days but have struggled a couple of times with fluids, I really don't want to go back to emergency for iv fluids though so I'm making a huge effort.

hopefully both our energy levels improve soon!

Band placed April '08 four years of hell-Band removed may '12~Non VSG July 26 '12. All went to hell~RNY on the 19th october '12~Leak & infection 26th october '12 ~infection 24th November '12, 2 weeks hospital~infection 25th dec '12 4 days ~30/5/13 hernia repair 4 days~hw120/sw/115/gw/58kg

SoCaPinkLady
on 11/17/12 10:21 pm - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

I had my surgery back in June, I did not get over the Tired stage until I was about 5 weeks out. I still do not feel hungry. I have head hunger but not hunger feelings like I did in the past. This is a blessing and have been reading that this stage doesn't last forever.

Take your vitamins and get in your protein and liquids. Follow your Dr.s Plan and experiment in finding a way to get the protein in.

Lori                               

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 391 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 403 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views