Post op abdominal tenderness?

aidenswings
on 11/20/12 11:59 am

Hey everyone, I had my Roux-en-y GB almost 3 yrs ago but I have gained back almost all of the weight I lost, by my own fault of course. The surgery went well, no complications, thankfully. I started noticing I had abdominal tenderness about 2 weeks ago but I figured it was like from over eating or gas. However I started noticing that the tenderness was not going away at all. Basically if I press on my upper abdominal area or around my navel it is tender. No fever, and no big change in bathroom habits. I went to see my PCP and she did an exam and had no idea what could be the problem. She told me to go back to my surgeon. I however do not like my surgeons' approach to post op. Basically I do not agree with some of the radical approaches he has and such. So, my pcp tried to get me in to see a different bariatric surgeon practice. But, they won't accept me because I had surgery done with another surgeon. So all I can do now is try to get in to see a GI doctor.

My question with all this..has anyone else had this tenderness? Maybe this is just normal? I thought it might be due to overeating but it never lets up.

manda2108
on 11/20/12 1:10 pm

I'd suck it up and go see the surgeon that you decided to let reorganize your insides 3 years ago. I don't think you should mess around with not getting your pain/issues properly diagnosed due to you not seeing eye to eye with him. 

Most Active
Recent Topics