very hungry and almost 1 week post op-RNY. what to eat diff?

delta07
on 11/26/12 5:30 am - NC

should i be hungry?

i am tired of the protein taste and i cant eat the chicken broth or strained chic soup cause i wanna gag.

is there something i can get that taste like diet soda without the carbonation? help please.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 11/26/12 5:35 am

Should you be hungry? Hunger varies as widely as each post op. It's okay if you are hungry though. What stage are you at? Have you moved to soft foods? Did you get a binder or info packet from your surgeon's office?

At your stage I was still on liquids. I had vegetable broth, protein drinks, hot no caffeine tea, and water. You can try Mio or Crystal Light if it's allowed on your surgeon's plan. Is there a NUT available for you to ask?

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

quiltpainter
on 11/26/12 6:20 am - CT

sugarfree fudgesicles are great for me. its added liquid and fills me up like other liquids can't.

ncbrwneyedgurl
on 11/27/12 2:39 am - Raleigh, NC
RNY on 02/27/13

Crush makes a packet that goes in water...orange and grape. They are SO good!! They taste just like the soda to me without the carbonation. My hubby had RNY a week ago Monday and they had them in the hospital so we went and bought a couple of boxes to have at the house.

Do you have any unflavored protein powder? You could put that in something that you like to drink and that should help with being hungry.

Hope you find something that can help!

Jennifer in NC (banded 09/08, band removed 11/19/12, approved for RNY 02/14/13, Surgery 2/27/13)