feeling sad 2day

delta07
on 11/27/12 7:27 am - NC

i feel a little discouraged today cause i am so tired of strained soup thats not good and protein drinks that taste like milk. for the last few hrs i hav been just drinking water. i havenot had a BM since the surgery 1week ago and have taken laxative that im waiting to work -cant take the strong exlax. need encouragement!

anewbeginning2012
on 11/27/12 7:56 am - IN
RNY on 10/01/12

Greek yogurt helps me stay regular- that may help you too. I know if I don't eat it every day- I don't have a bm.

And, on tired of strained soup- it does get better soon. It is a rough week or two- but you can do it. Just think it won't last much longer and you will add more foods in your diet. Can you have cottage cheese, or scrambled eggs yet? Just be sure to stay hydrated and try out different protein drinks. I drink the 5 star mix from walmart. I really like the chocolate- not so much the vanilla. It is kinda like a trial and error type thing- but so important to get that protein in. It does get easier when you start to eat more types of food. Hang in there- it seems like you will be eating this little forever, but it does go fast :)

Kris        
NancyL3
on 11/27/12 8:26 am - Derry, NH

I'll be honest the first few weeks are tough. Jello I lived for jello, try making a home made soup and straining that, may have more flavor. There are protein drinks that aren't milk tasting, but they aren't the best. If you have plain protein, add it to the broth, or I did Vanilla protien with hot apple cider, taste like an apple pie with ice cream, it helped me get over the hump. 

You can do it! Stay strong!!!

Dee.spunk
on 11/27/12 8:28 am - Sacramento, CA
It's hard the first couple if weeks. Hang in there. I had my husband go get me wonton soup and I would just drink the broth or egg flour soup. I was tired of home made stuff. This to shall pass.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

delta07
on 11/27/12 9:07 am - NC

thanks for all the help guys.

LaToya N.
on 11/27/12 10:23 am - MD
RNY on 11/19/12

I am still on the liquids as well.  I had a good bowl of chicken noodle soup from chick-fa-la a couple of days ago.  I only drank the broth but it was different than what I have been drinking since surgery.  I also had a good french onion soup broth at a restaurant I went to last week.  You may have to switch it up by going to different restaurants or stores that sell soup.  Also, are you still taking pain meds.  My doctor said that people who struggle with constipation is mostly due to taking the pain meds. I've been mixing vanilla unjury powder with Activia vanilla greek yogurt which is good for the system and high in protein.  Hope this helps.  

Jamie-Sue30
on 11/27/12 10:30 am
RNY on 10/24/12

Hang in there!! It gets better, I promise.  I  was where you were just 4 weeks ago and let me tell you, life is a whole lot better now.  I can eat almost anything now but I honestly don't have the desire to eat! I get satisfied easily, I am not getting sick, I am tolerating foods because I'm sticking to the program. You will be amazed at where you will be in a week or two. 

Funny someone else mentioned Greek yogurt helping with bowel movements.  I have been eating Chobani yogurt everyday, just the top and not the fruit and I have been going everyday again. Can you have yogurt yet?

It gets better, stay strong! :)

Gilly68
on 11/27/12 11:42 am - Central, IL
RNY on 12/03/12

You could also try Miralax (wal mart has a good generic). You dissolve it in any liquid and drink it...you don't even know it's there! I know my surgeon said we can use it

Jewelsstevens
on 11/28/12 1:13 am - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

A dose of milk of magnesia did the trick for me! Surgeon recommended it.

Most Active